Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **Rainbow2010***

Hi Rainbow,
    I also had a spinal fusion in Rochester (1997). I am curious who your Doctor was? Over the years, I had seen Dr. Haake, Dr. Jackman and Dr. Rubery.

Just wondering if we had any of the same Doctors!

How are you doing now? I am actually headed in for a revision surgery this coming Friday. I would love to chat with someone who has gone through the same thing!

Rainbow lives down south now, I can't remember where. I'm in the Rochester area now, and have seen Rubery. I believe that Jackman is retired. Was Rubery helpful to you? I found him congenial, but not particularly helpful. But my symptoms are more unusual. Rainbow has been through revision surgery, I have not. Where are you having your surgery done?
    1966 fusion in Buffalo of 11 thoracic vertebrae, with Harrington rod

Comment

Originally posted by JulieBW View Post
      Rainbow lives down south now, I can't remember where. I'm in the Rochester area now, and have seen Rubery. I believe that Jackman is retired. Was Rubery helpful to you? I found him congenial, but not particularly helpful. But my symptoms are more unusual. Rainbow has been through revision surgery, I have not. Where are you having your surgery done?
      Hi Julie,
      Thanks for the response! Yes, Dr. Jackman retired years ago- thats when I was referred to Dr. Rubery. I also found him to be very unhelpful. He seemed to dismiss my pain, concerns, ect.
      I moved to the Buffalo area 5 years ago and have seen Dr. Hamill since moving here. He is the one doing my revision surgery. Are you familiar with him at all?
      I feel pretty comfortable with him and his abilities. He also seems to be very highly recommended.
      I'm having my old hardware removed, VCR's on T6-L4. Then I will be straightend and fused from T2-L5. I am terrified.

Comment

Dr Devanney did my surgery. I took my oldest daughter to Dr Jackman back in 1998. My doctor here in Georgia was trained there by Dr Devanney and worked with Dr Jackman. Back in the 70s, Rochester was on the leading edge of scoliosis research.
        T12- L5 fusion 1975 - Rochester, NY
        2002 removal of bottom of rod and extra fusion
        3/1/11 C5-C6 disc replacement
        Daughter - T7 - L3 fusion 2004

Comment

PinkPineapple,
          No, I'm not familiar with Dr. Hamill. Is he experienced with revision surgery? I am very interested to learn what's going on in Buffalo these days. I believe they were on the forefront of scoliosis surgery at the time they did mine. This surgery was only being done in Houston, Boston and Buffalo, I was told. They were doing a new surgery every week, but I have never seen a post from anyone in that geographic area. I just got back from a brief vacation - I hope your surgery went well!
          Last edited by JulieBW; 02-21-2010, 06:42 AM.
          1966 fusion in Buffalo of 11 thoracic vertebrae, with Harrington rod

Comment

Working...
          X