No announcement yet.

Cost/Benefit of Non-Operative Treatment in Adults

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks, Hdugger. I appreciate it the "short list". I am submitting my Schroth PT papers to my insurance tomorrow. A clinic in MD has it all typed out. I hope to be on your list one day.
    34L at diagnosis; Boston Brace 1979
    Current: 50L, 28T

Comment

• That would be great! At the least, there is some thought that exercise can slow progression.

Let us know how it turns out. One thing that Martha Hawes recommends, due to the sparseness of research in this area, is keeping detailed notes on everything you can measure. In addition to the Cobb angle, I'd try to track your height, your rotation (I hear there's a scoliometer app for the iphone), your breathing capacity, level of pain, etc. Anything you can measure to determine what effect the exercise has had.

We didn't do any of that, of course, so all we have is our subjective sense that our son's curve *looks* better after regular exercise and stretching. I guess time will tell on the progression.

Comment

• Thanks! I measure my height on the bathroom wall, but I will also look into that scoliometer - that sounds great. Just to know if I am doing the right thing! In the meantime also, and you may laugh, but I am going to try an ab. machine from TV. Why not - "free" trial with return shipping costs....but it seems that the core muscles are the focus of scoliosis PT therapy. It did get good reviews. I know, I'm a sucker. Or desperate. Schroth, if approved, won't be for a few more months as she's full until July. Oh, and btw, I got my paperwork off today, including a nice copy of my x-ray. Praying for mercy.
        Last edited by dailystrength; 03-06-2010, 06:47 PM.
        34L at diagnosis; Boston Brace 1979
        Current: 50L, 28T

Comment

Working...
        X