No announcement yet.

back feels weird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooops! Sorrry!! Sillycoffeegirl....don't try that! haha!!! Debbe, thanks for that catch! There is so much I don't know! Can I ask what kind of exercise you can do now Debbe???
    Laura
    62 degrees
    49 yrs. young
    Surgery 3/31/10 with Lenke

Before and After pics
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/13749126@N06/

Comment

Originally posted by Radiogirl View Post
      Ooops! Sorrry!! Sillycoffeegirl....don't try that! haha!!! Debbe, thanks for that catch! There is so much I don't know! Can I ask what kind of exercise you can do now Debbe???
      Hi Laura,

Starting last spring, about 5 months post op, I started an aerobics dancing class 2x a week and loved it. However, the class I preferred was too far away, so Jan 2nd I started going to Zumba classes with a neighbor and I'm HOOKED! I go 3x a week now and would do more if I could fit them into my schedule. It's Latin Aerobic Dancing and such a hoot! Now, the other women can 'wiggle' more than I can, but you'd be surprised at what I can do. Heck--I surprise myself all the time. I can wiggle my hips, front to back and side to side, I can shimmie--just because the spine is fused doesn't mean the muscles around it can't be limber, and I can bend. Some people I've talked to in the class said they had no idea I was fused because I can dance 'normally.'

Here is a link from the Today show on what Zumba is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5Hxw_Jf2B4

You'll be ok Laura. My curves were both 66, and yours is about that. You have one of the top surgeons in the country. You made a wise decision. Come here and ask all the questions in the middle of the night that you want. I did plenty of that myself.

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
      Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
      Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
      Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
      Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Tender back

Its been a year and a half for me since my surgery and my back is still very tender to touch. Not as much as at first, it gets better. But you have to watch when people want to hug you and pat your back, wow. They just don't think. Some parts of my back are still numb, and unfortuneately a back rub doesnt feel as good as it used to ;-(((
        I am hoping as time goes by, this will get better.
        May 2008 Fusion T4 - S1, Pre-op Curves T45, L70 (age 48). Unsuccessful surgery.

March 18, 2010 (age 50). Revision with L3 Osteotomy, Replacement of hardware T11 - S1 , addition of bilateral pelvic fixation. Correction of sagittal imbalance and kyphosis.

January 24, 2012 (age 52) Revision to repair pseudoarthrosis and 2 broken rods at L3/L4.

Comment

Working...
        X