Looking for referrals NYC area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for referrals NYC area

Hi all, I am looking for referrals for surgeons in the NYC area. I have an appointment with Dr Lenke next Tuesday but will want to get input from a few surgeons.

I had my first surgery in 1978, age 12, with a Harrington rod, fused from T4 - L3.
    Second surgery in 2011, age 46, fusing L4-sacrum.

Now my upper back and neck is curving. I felt it about 6 months after my last surgery and that surgeon kept telling me everything looked good but we know our bodies and i could see how my right shoulder was getting higher than the left again. Now i'm getting uncomfortable in my neck and i've also developed an imbalance that my primary doc and a neurologist both believe is due to my curve. I'm slightly wobbly when standing still.

Does anyone recommend Dr Cunningham in NY for revision? Or any others? I've tried to research a bit online but had such great help here on this site back in 2011. Thanks for any suggestions and feedback. I was hoping to not have any more issues but here i am again at 52 years old :-(
    Thanks,
    Nancy
    Fused T3 to L4 – 1978 with Harrington rod
    Surgery Oct 21, 2011 fused L3-S1 posterior
    Dr Antonacci, Princeton, NJ

I had surgery with Dr. Lenke 7 years ago. I truly believe he is one of the best in the country.
    Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
    Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
    70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
    Rib Hump-GONE!
    Age-60 at the time of surgery
    Now 66
    Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
    Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
    Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
    Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
    tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
    http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

Thanks Karen. I remember seeing his name on here a lot back then. Was he in the mid west back then?
      Fused T3 to L4 – 1978 with Harrington rod
      Surgery Oct 21, 2011 fused L3-S1 posterior
      Dr Antonacci, Princeton, NJ

Comment

Working...
      X