18 months post-opt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18 months post-opt

I had revision surgery November 2005- anterior and posterior spinal fusion. I am fused from T 11 to L 3. After 18 months I am still having tingling in my feet, my left leg continues to be swollen and sharp pain located in the left lower abdomen were my scar ends. The pain is only activated with increased activity Like cleaning my whole house or etc. Should I be concerned? I was told by my Dr the leg swelling could be lymphedema. Any suggestions?

weaker leg....

Ok, I'm almost 10 mths(fused T-11 to L-5) out now & I still have a 'weaker' left leg after surgery. It has gradually gotten better & depends on the day. It's mainly the inner thigh area down. I still get numb/stiff & a bit bloated on the left, incision side on my stomach. I'm amazed how long it has taken to get somewhat better there. I get more stiffness if I do too much!
    As far as your pain in the stomach area, I would ask you Doctor about that.
    ps. I had tingling in my left toes prior to surgery... Lynne

Comment

Les,
      I had my A/P in '02. I still have sharp pain on my side, where the anterior incision was made. It is nerve damage. I take 2 to 4 Neurontin a day and it does an excellent job.
      SandyC

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I saw my DR this monday and he basically could not explain the tingling or pain because CT showed nothing obstructing the area. I think it is nerve pain that is agervated by inflamation when I do too much. For now when the pain comes on I usually lay down with my heating paid and take norco.

Comment

Hi Les....

If you're still around, would love an update. I have lymphedema from my January 2011 surgery, and what you describe sure sounds familiar.

--Linda
          Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
          Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
          X