sacroiliac joint injections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sacroiliac joint injections

just came back from new ortho guy..surgeon and pain treatment both...in CT...which surprises me, since i am used to one doctor doing either one thing or the other....got sacroiliac joint injections...had them once before, and they gave me 3 beautiful pain free weeks...the only injections that ever did that for my lumbar region! no idea why, doesn't even make sense, which the doc today said...but, he is pretty game, and i like him, so we gave it a try...

i have been in so much pain lately...all lumbar, as the botox shots i got in upper spine a month ago work to free my thoracic spine of muscle spasms....

hope this helps relieve some of the lower back pain...for a while...
    can't think past that for now....

jess

Me too Jess. Hope they last a long, long time.
    Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
    Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
    T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
    Osteotomies and Laminectomies
    Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

thanks, Jen, for the kind wishes!

the novacaine wore off completely about 4 hours after the injections...and the spots injected feel kinda sore, which is to be expected....
      my entire back feels sensitive to touch, and i am black and blue where the needles went in (both sides), but do not have as much lumbar pain as usual...so i have hope that these shots will help
      the left side really hurt when he injected it, while the right side didn't hurt at all...doctor couldn't figure out why...said SI joints are not close to my spinal stenosis...i asked if it is because my left side scoli curve is worse than right, but he said my SI joints are not close to my scoli curves...only thing he could think was that i have more arthritis in left side of spine than in the right side...

jess
      Last edited by jrnyc; 04-19-2011, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Jess I hope these work for a very long time.

How long ago did you get the previous set of SI shots?
        Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
        Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

hi Sharon
          thanks for the kind words...

i had the other SI shots at least a year and a half ago...
          keeping fingers crossed this time gives as much relief...longer than 3 weeks would be a nice plus!

jess

Comment

Originally posted by jrnyc View Post
            hi Sharon
            thanks for the kind words...

i had the other SI shots at least a year and a half ago...
            keeping fingers crossed this time gives as much relief...longer than 3 weeks would be a nice plus!

jess
            Are you only allowed to get them every 1.5 years or so? I guess since they worked last time I'm wondering why you didn't repeat them.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Jess,
              I hope these shots give you a long pain free length length of time.
              Sally
              Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
              Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
              Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
              Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
              New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
              Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

hey Sharon...i tried a few other type of shots in between...the 3 weeks thing put me..and the doctors...off a little...but nothing else ever gave me such complete relief...even just for 3 weeks! and it doesn't make sense...because looking at Xrays, MRI's, etc...so many other types of shots seem indicated...but by now, i was so disappointed in the other shots, i was ready to return to the SI joint injections...

hey Sally...thanks for the good wishes...
                i thought of you these past few days when they showed that awful weather in North Carolina (and other states)...hope you and family were well away from all of it!!

jess

Comment

Jess when will you know if the shots are working?

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

i usually know in a few days...though the doctor's office info sheet said it could be "up to a week," that has not been my own experience....on the other hand, i am not usually this sore from injections!

jess

Comment

Sharon, i am so sorry i forgot that you live in NC too, and so glad that you're safe! i feel so bad for those who were hit by these tragic weather episodes!

i am surprised that my thoracic spine..lower right ribs, bottom of ribs, has increased pain now...this is new...botox usually kills all upper spinal muscle spasms for me...the pain doc doesn't inject where my ribs/muscles are hurting right now, as most of my thoracic spasms are on left side near scapula

am wondering if this is in reaction to the SI joint injections i just got on Tuesday...those shots are helping my lumbar pain...so definitely was worth it!

i do not know what helps lower rib pain, as it is new to me...
                      and i cant have any more thoracic botox shots for another month or so...

jess

Comment

Oh no Jess. You don't need a new pain. I suppose you've tried all the usual treatments (heat, ice, etc.) I hope it fixes itself soon.

Comment

thanks, Jen
                          am trying a hot shower and then a heating pad...feels tight, like it needs to be relaxed...
                          never had it happen there before...
                          but it wouldn't stop me from getting shots again...these latest are helping the lumbar pain...

jess

Comment

I hope the heat does the trick Jess. Do think it feels muscular?

Comment

thanks Jen
                              it does feel muscular...i hope that is all it is...
                              heat seems to help a little

jess

Comment

Working...
                              X