Starting to look like Spinekids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting to look like Spinekids

I'm not really sure where to put this, so sorry if it doesn't belong here.

Has anyone else noticed that this forum is starting to feel more and more like Spinekids? I've noticed that people are replying to threads that haven't had any responses for over a year. I know there are new people joining the forum daily and they do reply to older threads, but some of what I've seen recently the reponse basically said the person agreed with what everyone else said a year ago. The kids on Spinekids do that just to get their ranking up.

I go to Spinekids as well as this forum, but I've always liked this one because it was mostly adults. I don't have any problem with the kids being here (they tend to come here to exchange e-mail addresses since they can't on Spinekids) but I feel like we are starting to turn into Spinekids and we don't need two Spinekids. Anyone else feeling this way? Any suggestions on how to stop it?

Also, the spam is driving me crazy!!! Thanks for listening.

Mary Lou
    Mom to Jamie age 21-diagnosed at age 12-spinal fusion 12/7/2004-fused from T3-L2; and Tracy age 19, mild Scoliosis-diagnosed at age 18.

I have to agree Mary Lou. Being only 16 years old I post mostly on spinekids, and I don't post that much here, but I do try to visit daily. And it drives me really really crazy when people bring up old threads. It's so useless and a waste of space. When people do that on spinekids, our adminestrator deletes the posts and closes the threads. I don't know if that can be done here, but that's really the only thing I can think of.
    ~Leelee ♪
    [-] 17 years old
    _[-] 12th grade
    [-] scoliosis, 45T and 42 L
    _[-] kyphosis, 67*
    [-] Boston brace for 4 years
    _[-] Stopped 6/8/05 at 4:32 PM

Comment

Hi Mary Lou, I am a moderator on SpineKIDS and I have to say that we do get lots of old posts brought up, but we delete them and close the old thread so that they can only be viewed and not responded to. That way it does not constantly clog up the site. If the post has no point to it we also delete it, such as those that only have one or two words. There are probably 50 or more posts deleted each week (between the administrator and the two moderators).
      One way to reduce spam that comes to your inbox is to not place your email address in its full form for example xxxxxxxxxx@xxx.com rather if you write it as xxxxxxxxxx [AT] xxx.com (replace AT with @) you get much less junk mail.
      Both sites are wonderful resources for anyone dealing with scoliosis to find information and gain support from others. I hope that all who visit this forum and others like it find the support they need and dont get distracted from the spam and such.
      Mandy

Comment

Hi Mandy,

The spam (maybe spam isn't the right word) I was talking about was what's on this site. Why do people have to post very inappropriate things on this forum--example: there was a thread about a woman looking for man or something like that. Those have nothing to do with Scoliosis and that was what I was talking about.

I agree with you. Both NSF and Spinekids are great places and I don't know how I would have gotten through everything with my daughter without these sites. I was just trying to get a point across to some people so they don't continue to clog up this site. Thanks for all you do, especially on Spinekids.

Mary Lou
        Mom to Jamie age 21-diagnosed at age 12-spinal fusion 12/7/2004-fused from T3-L2; and Tracy age 19, mild Scoliosis-diagnosed at age 18.

Comment

Working...
        X