Reading this forum is really F***ing with my head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reading this forum is really F***ing with my head

I usually try and stay away from this forum because it gets me so paranoid about my back getting worse.

If I was an average person I would want surgurey but I compete in the sport of Grappling and actually get paid good money for it and it will be a full time job in a few years. So getting steel rods in my back means good bye to grappling!

The doctor told me that I can stop wearing the brace last summer but after my check up last fall my spine went over 2 degrees and he thinks that was the final straw..I started wearing the brace the day after the last appointment because I got so paranoid and its driving me nuts. I get no pain only sorness on somedays after hard workouts. I am 18 and have a curve of 47 degrees leaning towards the right....what do you guys think are the odds of this damn thing getting worse.

If you know your Risser score it might help you to know if you have more growing to do. If you grow more then the curve could get worse.

You could look at the Spinecor brace which allows for flexibility of movement (i.e., wrestling) and can be used up to 50 degrees according to Dr. Rivard (inventor of the brace).

If I were you I'd think about a back-up career since wrestling might be difficult for you if your back becomes painful....just a thought.

Ruth
    Ruth, 50 years old (s-shaped 30 degree scoliosis) with degenerative disc disease, married to Mike. Mother to two children - Son 18 and daughter 14. Both have idiopathic scoliosis. Son (T38, L29) has not needed surgery to date. Daughter (March 08 - T62, L63).

Comment

Yeah I have a back up Idea but I get paid to compete and teach in this sport so it's pretty damn hard to just stop.

Comment

Working...
      X