Desperate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desperate

hi, i'm new here and i am 15. i just had my surgery last year. the hump on my back is still very visible even after surgery. does anyone know what i can do?? has anyone heard of the spinecor brace, and can it work on a patient after surgery? help!

Hi Kaitlyn
    I'm afraid the Spinecor won't do a thing for a fused spine. The only time braces are used after surgery is for support during the healing process.

My dd's right shoulder still rotates out but it's not really apparent to anyone, do you think you're more self conscious about your hump and it's really not that noticeable to other people?

Comment

thanks for the reply. but i don't think so i am really self conscious. before my surgery,i had 2 curves. the more noticeable one was more than 100 degrees. it has reduced after the surgery, but not that much. maybe i am pushing my luck, but as a teenager i feel left out in the sense that i can't dress freely. does anyone know of another way to reduce a curve after surgery?

Comment

Kaitlyn - I'm not sure I have much advice about what can be done. What does your doctor say? Do you know to what degree your curve was reduced?

As for worrying how to dress, I'm sure that's something everyone on here can relate to. For me personally I've just always tried to make smart choices about what's flattering and what's not. Like avoiding stripes of course. But also choosing fabrics that are more structured, less flowy/slinky. And accentuate what is working for me -- my legs and shoulders. But I don't ever hide my body. I've actually been told that I look better in tank tops or tight t-shirts than in baggy clothes. I know it sounds cheesy but if you're confident you'll look better (no matter what you wear) than if you try to hide.
        1993, Age 13, 53* Right T Curve w/ Left L compensatory
        2010, Age 30, 63* or 68* (depending on the doc) Right T Curve w/ Left L compensatory

http://livingtwisted.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
        X