Update on Mandy 8 days post op

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on Mandy 8 days post op

Mandy is doing GREAT!!! Down to only 1 or 2 Lortabs a day with minimal Ibuprofen. She is up and moving well. We drove 45 min to her fav Mexican place today for lunch and then stopped by school and she actually sat in on a class!! Quite an accomplishment after being on Morphine in the step down unit this time last week.
    I can NOT say enough good things about the Univ of Mississippi Blair E Batson Children's hospital and the care we received there and with Dr John Purvis. They were WONDERFUL!!!! We go back for her follow up visit Monday and I am hoping she is cleared to go back to her school ( a small private academy that will take good care of her) for a few hours as early as next week.
    "With God All Things Are Possible"
    Mom to Mandy,age 11, surgery on Jan 14,2010
    to correct 51 degree T and 63 degree L curvatures.

Mandy and cousin Lora making faces at me . I never got a good photo of the crazy girls.
    Also one from the day before surgery.
    "With God All Things Are Possible"
    Mom to Mandy,age 11, surgery on Jan 14,2010
    to correct 51 degree T and 63 degree L curvatures.

Comment

Great news that Mandy is doing so well!!!

Comment

Truely excellent news!! 8 days out - those are great accomplishments. You must be so happy it's almost over.

Does Mandy post on this forum? My DD just started in the kids forum. We are about 3 weeks out now.

Dee
        Dee - Mother of two daughters, both with scoliosis KateScoliKid (16yo) 52* Lumbar curve
        Fusion Surgery 2/9/10 T-11->L-3 @CHKD Norfolk VA
        Jes (20yo) T 3 -> L 3 w/ Kyphosis

Comment

Working...
        X