Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surgery Aug.3rd - having pan & breathing difficulty

Hi,
    My 13 yr old with Quad CP and non-verbal seems to be having pain when I lift her up and put her in her wheelchair. She also seems to be having difficulty breathing now and then.
    After post-op pain is gone was it easier for you or your child to breath and was the pain gone.
    I am not looking forwarrd to her having surgery, but if it is going to help her we are very ready.
    Sue

It was a hard surgery to get through. I was not a young person though, I was 46 at the time. I hope everything goes ok and she does great. What degree is her curvature if I may ask?
    I did not have any breathing problems from my scoliosis. My pain was in my right hip. My curves were 50 some degrees.
    It took me awhile to get through the post-op pain. I am now almost 9 months post-op and I take no pain meds, occasionally some Tylenol but no hard pain meds.
    I would say it was at least 5 or 6 months before I was off my pain meds. I still have some pain once in awhile but a moist heating pad helps me more than anything. Good Luck Mattie

Comment

Hi Sue,

It could very well be that she will breathe easier after scoliosis surgery. Has she seen a pulminologist to determine if her lung function is compromised at all? I hope that after her surgery she will be better. If not, I'd be camping on the doorstep of a pulminologist or someone to help her. Good luck! Only a month away from surgery.
      Carmell
      mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

Working...
      X