Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treatment with growth hormones

Hello

My name is Carlos Alberto and our family moved from Cuba to méxico to reach treatment for our daughter Lia Gabriela at Shriner Hospital for México Children. the surgeon indicated to our Gaby tratment with growth homones. I wish to hear your experiences with tha kind of treatment.

Best Regards Carlos Alberto

Hello Carlos, Are the growth hormones supposed to help with scoliosis or is it for another reason? I wasn't familiar with the use of growth hormones in treating scoliosis - I'm wondering if it is something the folks in Shriners Mexico are researching. Does your daughter wear a brace also? Good luck
    daughter, 12, diagnosed 8/07 with 19T/13L
    -Braced in spinecor 10/07 - 8/12 with excellent in brace correction and stable/slightly decreased out of brace curves.
    -Introduced Providence brace as adjunct at night in 11/2011 in anticipation of growth spurt. Curves still stable.
    -Currently in Boston Brace. Growth spurt is here and curves (and rotation) have increased to 23T/17L

Comment

Originally posted by jillw View Post
      Hello Carlos, Are the growth hormones supposed to help with scoliosis or is it for another reason? I wasn't familiar with the use of growth hormones in treating scoliosis - I'm wondering if it is something the folks in Shriners Mexico are researching. Does your daughter wear a brace also? Good luck
      As a matter of fact she need to grow and the endocrinological doctor indicated the treatmen with growth hormones. The spinal surgeon aproved that treatment. They will check her evolution toward an spinal surgery.

Is not a direct treatment for scoliosis.

I whish to know some similar experiences.

Comment

Working...
      X