rib bone pain under arm pit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rib bone pain under arm pit

Has anyone ever experienced pain that feels like the rib bone under the arm pit & towards the side of the breast? It feels like the bone & not tissue. I would love to hear from anyone that has had similar pain.
    scoli appeared age 15
    untreated until age 30
    41* T & 72* L
    Harrington Rod T4 to L4
    33* T & 53* L
    neck instrumentation C3-4,C4-5,C6-7
    Revision coming up in Nov. 2012

Hello,
    I have rib pain, also. I have not had it under my arm as you describe, but I get it a little lower. It radiates from my spine all the way around to my sternum. Until recently it usually felt more like muscle spasms, but last week I had an episode that left me feeling like I had several broken ribs on my left side. I haven't had fusion as you have. I have a double thoracic curve, upper is 46* and lower is 38*. Isn't it funny how we take comfort knowing we are not alone, and ironically we wouldn't wish this on anyone?
    Be happy!
    We don't know what tomorrow brings,
    but we are alive today!

Comment

Roherer01

How correct you are. I don't think I could cope if we did not each other to share experiences & questions. Never would I wish this on most people. I don't know about you, but I have been an intractable pain patient for so many years that I honestly can't remember what it felt like to not be in unbearable pain. It may sound strange, but when the pain 1st began getting so bad; I honestly thought you would die from the pain. I never dreamed that a person could live & endure such pain for years. I have since learned from the "Handbook for Survival for the Intractable Pain Patient" written by Dr. Forrest Tennent, that pain does shorten your life if it is not adequately controlled. My pain has never been controlled very well until 4 months ago. It amazes me that pain dr's do not seem to understand that intense pain levels will require high doses of serious pain medication. I am also amazed how many patients are so uneducated about & fearful of pain medication. My personal experience has been that medication is nothing more then mobility measured by the hours that each dose lasts. I am so grateful for the medication & my very compassionate dr. However, driving 9 hrs each way, the cost of a motel, food, fuel, etc; not to mention of the difficulty of making such a journey is not easy. I pray for the day I find an equally compassionate dr closer to home. I hope to have revision surgery by fall, but because I have been in this state for so many years before the flat-back was diagnosed; I was warned that I may not get too much pain relief. I guess it will be worth it just to be able to hold my head up & straighten me knees again. Like you I havae 2 curves (also a junction twist in the upper middle right where the bra strap rides). My rib pain seems to be associated with activity. I still try to get in the garden from time to time & that seems to cause a flare in the rib pain. Does anything you know of trigger your rib pain. Also, I have pseudoarthrosis in the middle of my back between the shoulder blades. It's like the rib pain has become an extension of that. Do you have pseudoarthrosis (spell?)? Do you think there could be a connection? Thanks for the reply.
      scoli appeared age 15
      untreated until age 30
      41* T & 72* L
      Harrington Rod T4 to L4
      33* T & 53* L
      neck instrumentation C3-4,C4-5,C6-7
      Revision coming up in Nov. 2012

Comment

Working...
      X