2mo post-op, which pains are OK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2mo post-op, which pains are OK?

Hi all. I am 2 months post-op (T3-Sacrum & other stuff) and feel fairly OK during most of the day. I have a few pains though, and I’m wondering if I should be concerned, or are they normal?

One pain at night is sharp & shooting, down my left leg and occasionally right. My calves and left toes feel odd, not sure how to describe, as if they are about to go numb, but they aren’t. My calves also ache (severely) even during the day at times.

Another started about 3 weeks ago. It is extremely sharp in my left back shoulder blade area. I have no incision there, but it feels as if skin is suddenly tearing apart, but on the inside. It is only with certain motions when using my left arm.

Lastly, this pain has been going on since surgery, it’s in my left middle back, about waist level. It starts at night after laying on my back for 15 minutes or so. It becomes pretty bad and wakes me several times a night. I reposition which helps for a while until it happens again.

I should probably expect pain, but some of these are new and at 2 months post-op, are these types of pains normal? Are things just healing?

Thanks for reading and any thoughts on this.

Originally posted by ripley View Post
    Hi all. I am 2 months post-op (T3-Sacrum & other stuff) and feel fairly OK during most of the day. I have a few pains though, and I’m wondering if I should be concerned, or are they normal?

One pain at night is sharp & shooting, down my left leg and occasionally right. My calves and left toes feel odd, not sure how to describe, as if they are about to go numb, but they aren’t. My calves also ache (severely) even during the day at times.

Another started about 3 weeks ago. It is extremely sharp in my left back shoulder blade area. I have no incision there, but it feels as if skin is suddenly tearing apart, but on the inside. It is only with certain motions when using my left arm.

Lastly, this pain has been going on since surgery, it’s in my left middle back, about waist level. It starts at night after laying on my back for 15 minutes or so. It becomes pretty bad and wakes me several times a night. I reposition which helps for a while until it happens again.

I should probably expect pain, but some of these are new and at 2 months post-op, are these types of pains normal? Are things just healing?

Thanks for reading and any thoughts on this.
    Did you see your surgeon at 6 weeks postop? And, do you have an appointment for a 3 month follow-up?

Your pains probably don't mean anything, but you should definitely report them, especially if they are new.

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Thanks Linda

Dr. Lenke’s did not schedule a 6 week appointment, just a 3 month, which seems so long to me. Anyone else have that experience? Thanks for the advice, I think I will report it and see what they say.

Comment

Hi Ripley,

I had a three month check up as well. I am due for my six month check-up now, but cannot go for it until November. I think the three month visit is common. I noted that you have leg pains, as well. I still do also. Sometimes I have pains that seem like the nerves are growing back, at least I guess that's what it is. I also still have sciatic pain as well. You definitely should report anything that is new.

TX Mom, Sheryl
        Last edited by TXMom; 10-09-2017, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Thank you Sheryl!

Thank you for replying Sheryl. I’m sorry you are still having pain. It is a relief to me to know however, as well as the appointment timing - I kept thinking maybe I got lost in the shuffle. I’m grateful my sciatic pain has gone since the op., I hope yours will too eventually. Take care and thank you for responding!

Comment

Originally posted by ripley View Post
            Dr. Lenke’s did not schedule a 6 week appointment, just a 3 month, which seems so long to me. Anyone else have that experience? Thanks for the advice, I think I will report it and see what they say.
            You should report any new pain to Dr. Lenke's office. Do you have the name of his PA or nurse? That would be the person to talk to.
            Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
            Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Thanks Linda

Yes, I reported it and was told to try heat and massage and if it doesn't work then maybe they would start me on physical therapy sooner. I don't think the heat and massage will work, but I'll try it. My appointment is in 3.5 weeks, so I'll find out then. Thanks so much for responding and helping me out. Its always a worry after surgery and so nice to have support from people who've been through it - Thank you!

Comment

Working...
              X