PDA

View Full Version : Upstate NY w/ kyphosis

Ryy
01-31-2010, 02:30 PM
Hi guys and gals,

I have been browsing for a little while, this is my first post. I'll tell you about my story, and i hope to get some help as well as help any of you that i can!

I'm 24, diagnosed with S. kyphosis at age 14. Degrees of my curve is in the 70's. I live in the Albany NY area. Has bothered me on and off since being diagnosed, but for the last year and a half, has been constant. Constant dull pain, affects my breathing, exhausted easily, body is just really out of alignment big time. Seems to be slowly getting worse.

I've done most of the non-surgical things that you can do for kyphosis, with little relief (pt, all the exercizes i can find, pilates, chiro, massage). If anyone could recommend other things to do that have been or might be successful, that would be great. I'm actually getting my first corto shot this wednesday (Feb 3). Hopefully it will help with the pain, although i don't see how it would help with the breathing. My breathing has become very manual. If i relax and slouch, i can't really get a good breath, and instead of my chest opening up and expanding forward, my back seems to expand and curve deepeer (if that makes any sense). If i stand up straight and try to align myself, my breathing is better but must always make sure i'm standing up straight which starts to get exhausting halfway through the day. Either way i try, i pretty much have to manually take each breath to different degrees. Anyone have any advice or insight with this? Just to let you guys know, i do eat really healthy, i'm into holistic health, and my diet is excellent, but i'm open to any supplements or foods that could possibly help if recommended.

I have an appointment at Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC on Feb 12 with Dr. Cunningham. Anyone seen or have any info on him? I've been seeing a local doc here in Albany for a little bit, who is alright, but can't do anything else for me other than the corto shot which is coming up. Thanks to another fella i talk to in the area who has kyphosis too, he recommended another doc in the same office who he likes a lot, which i have an appointment with in March. I want to make another appointment with a well known doctor who deals with kyphosis, can anyone give me some good names for docs in the Northeast? I'm highly considering the fusion surgery lately. Any words would be excellent. Hope to hear from you guys, thanks!

loves to skate
01-31-2010, 02:59 PM
I don't know anything about kyphosis, but you might try Frank Rand at the New England Baptist Hospital in Boston. It certainly would be worth a phone call at the least to find out if he has experience with kyphosis. Boston and NYC are probably close to the same travel distance from Albany.

JenM
01-31-2010, 06:21 PM
Hi Ryy-

I am having my surgery done in June to correct my scoliosis and kyphosis at the Hospital for Special Surgery. My surgeon is Dr. Oheneba Boachie-Adjei. You should really look into making an appointment with him as I hear he is one of the best in NY. He is Dr. Cunningham's partner. If you have any other questions, let me know.

Good luck with your appointment in February.

JenM

Ryy
01-31-2010, 08:52 PM
lovestoskate,

i'll look into Dr. Rand, thanks!

jenm,

what's your degrees? where do you live? do you like it there at hss?

JenM
01-31-2010, 09:08 PM
Hi Ryy-

My thoracic curve is 55 degrees and my lower curve is 58 degrees. I was never really aware that I had kyphosis until my visit with Dr. Boachie and he told me I had a 68 degree kyphotic curve. I am really nervous about the surgery but am exciting about getting it over with as I have been wanting to do it for over 10 years! The pain just keeps getting worse every year.

I have only seen Dr. Boachie and been to HSS one time, back in November. But everyone I have heard of or have met on this forum has done really well there and has gotten great correction with Dr. B. You should go to the HSS website. You'll get alot of into there on Dr. Boachie & Dr. Cunningham. I believe HSS also ranks #2 in orthopedics in the country, which is good to know! It has a really good reputation.

Other really good reputable doctors in NY from what I hear on this forum are Dr. Lonner and Dr. Neuwirth. I haven't been to them but they are highly rated on this forum.

Best of luck to you! Keep us posted on how you make out.

JenM

titaniumed
01-31-2010, 11:34 PM
Hi Ryy

I used to have nice curves, thatís all in the past now.

I used to do quite a bit of hot water therapy, followed by massages. I found that the hot water before helped loosen things up quite a bit for my masseuse. I also had a great Chiro.

Be sure to let us know how things go at HSS. They have been doing their thing, for about 100 years now.......that should make you feel better. They have seen a few bad backs through the years.

I used to drive through Albany on my way to Vermont skiing years ago.
Just some old memories.

Welcome to the forum
Ed

Doodles
01-31-2010, 11:49 PM
OK--I feel silly asking this since you would think after all the time and research I've done the last 2 years I would know this. Kyphosis just means the rib hump right and not the curve? I've just recently seen some as above cite their kyphosis degrees. I don't think I've ever been told that. I know that I still have the rib hump but the deformity isn't as bad. However, in last couple weeks I'm convinced it has gotten worse. At 10 months is that likely? I actually asked about it in an e-mail even before it seemed worse and my doctor said thoroplasty--I think that's it-- would not need to be done. I guess I always assumed if you had curves you also had kyphosis. Still learning. Janet

titaniumed
02-01-2010, 12:00 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyphosis

Rib humps in scoli are from rotation of the vertebrae. (looking head to toe)

Funny how rotation isnt much of a factor in kyphosis. You can see kyphotic coronal x-rays that are PERFECTLY straight, but when you shoot saggittal (from the side) you see the forward bend.

We all should have natural kyphosis and lordosis in our spines.

Hope this helps
Ed

Doodles
02-01-2010, 03:15 PM
Thanks, Ed, yes that makes sense. I definitely had rotation and still have some. My bellly button seems off kilter with everything else. I sure don't remember getting a "number of degrees" for it though. Janet

Ryy
02-02-2010, 05:06 PM
Hopefully HSS will do us both very good jenm! I wish i could just go there tommorrow and get it over with, i'm sick of this pain and breathing issues and exhaustion :( I actually went to my primary doctor today. I don't know whether something else is going on, or the pain is just mentally and physically taking a huge toll all of a sudden, but for the last 3-4 wks, i'm just so exhausted along with another thing or two. I have been going to bed at 7-9 pm and am still fatigued all the time. I'm getting blood tests tommorrow, wish me luck.

Titaniumed, did you have scoli or kypho? I have very slight scoli, less than 10 degree curves there, not the prob at all for me though.. Massages give me some relief for sure, thanks, and i'll try to hot water therapy as well.. Yep, Albany is my playground :)

Anyone else with Kyphosis out there? I'm wondering what other issues people have out there. I have some digestion issues as well, mainly i get so bloated when eating. Been through all the tests, nothing major comes up positive. Just wondering how much of my breathing issues are related to the kyphosis and how much are related to the digestive issue. I know for a fact (by years of trial and error experiments) that they both play a part with my breathing troubles, i just don't know how much of each. Well take care guys!

jrnyc
02-02-2010, 05:21 PM
Hi Ryy
Dr Lonner in NYC is terrific...also like Dr Neuwirth, also in Manhattan....and they both take my insurance...but just as important, they are both excellent surgeons with many years of scoliosis surgery under their belts...& great reputations!

liked Dr Boachie when i saw him, but he didnt take my insurance...i have the kind of insurance where there is no reimbursement..so i can only go to doctors in the network...if i go outside the network, i am on my own! thus, i saw Dr Boachie in NYC & Dr Anand in CA for consults, but had to pay cash for each of them!

i think you are best off in the major cities for surgeons for scoli...i guess there could be some really great surgeons tucked away in other places...just harder to locate them!

best of luck
jess

fandango
02-03-2010, 04:26 PM
Hi
Can't offer you much advice but I can empathise with you. I have had kyphosis since age 19 and i'm now 38 yrs. I saw doctors when I was younger and intermittently when the pain has got too much. They have never offered me anything more than short term physiotherapy. As far as I can remember I have never even been told what degree of curve I have. I have always controlled the pain with excercise. The last 2 years my curve and pain has got significantly worse. So, I have gone to my GP and asked to be referred for a spinal fusion. My mum has always nagged me to have this done but until now I would not even consider the idea. Now, I have had enough! It's been a bit of a revelation for me; I realise I have been in denial this whole time. Kyphosis has had a big impact on my life - I have been in constant nagging pain and yes!! exhausted all the time!! I have been to the drs for exhaustion regularly - bloods always normal. Have taken antidepressants in the past for a year. I have pain in lower back and neck as well as over the curve. I have tingly fingers and leg weakness - i have to lift my legs into and out of the car and over my bicycle.
I don't really have breathing trouble. My lung capacity is less than it should be and is always remarked upon when I am tested at the gym etc I have had a persistent cough for over a year and phelgm collects on my chest, which I now feel sure is down to my kyphosis.

Good good luck, I hope it all goes well for you and we can all be pain free

debbei
02-03-2010, 06:46 PM
Hi Ryy-

My thoracic curve is 55 degrees and my lower curve is 58 degrees. I was never really aware that I had kyphosis until my visit with Dr. Boachie and he told me I had a 68 degree kyphotic curve. I am really nervous about the surgery but am exciting about getting it over with as I have been wanting to do it for over 10 years! The pain just keeps getting worse every year.

I have only seen Dr. Boachie and been to HSS one time, back in November. But everyone I have heard of or have met on this forum has done really well there and has gotten great correction with Dr. B. You should go to the HSS website. You'll get alot of into there on Dr. Boachie & Dr. Cunningham. I believe HSS also ranks #2 in orthopedics in the country, which is good to know! It has a really good reputation.

Other really good reputable doctors in NY from what I hear on this forum are Dr. Lonner and Dr. Neuwirth. I haven't been to them but they are highly rated on this forum.

Best of luck to you! Keep us posted on how you make out.

JenM

I always knew that I had scoliosis, but like you Jen, I never knew that I had kyphosis as well until priorto this surgery. It was corrected during surgery, and I don't know what that measures now.

titaniumed
02-03-2010, 08:19 PM
Hopefully HSS will do us both very good jenm! I wish i could just go there tommorrow and get it over with, i'm sick of this pain and breathing issues and exhaustion :( I actually went to my primary doctor today. I don't know whether something else is going on, or the pain is just mentally and physically taking a huge toll all of a sudden, but for the last 3-4 wks, i'm just so exhausted along with another thing or two. I have been going to bed at 7-9 pm and am still fatigued all the time. I'm getting blood tests tommorrow, wish me luck.

Titaniumed, did you have scoli or kypho? I have very slight scoli, less than 10 degree curves there, not the prob at all for me though.. Massages give me some relief for sure, thanks, and i'll try to hot water therapy as well.. Yep, Albany is my playground :)

Anyone else with Kyphosis out there? I'm wondering what other issues people have out there. I have some digestion issues as well, mainly i get so bloated when eating. Been through all the tests, nothing major comes up positive. Just wondering how much of my breathing issues are related to the kyphosis and how much are related to the digestive issue. I know for a fact (by years of trial and error experiments) that they both play a part with my breathing troubles, i just don't know how much of each. Well take care guys!

Scoli. My kyphotic and lordotic curves were normal. I had 2 70 degree balanced curves.

All my stomach digestion issues mellowed out considersbly after my surgeries.
Ed

JenM
02-03-2010, 10:47 PM
[QUOTE=Ryy;91424]Hopefully HSS will do us both very good jenm! I wish i could just go there tommorrow and get it over with, i'm sick of this pain and breathing issues and exhaustion :( I actually went to my primary doctor today. I don't know whether something else is going on, or the pain is just mentally and physically taking a huge toll all of a sudden, but for the last 3-4 wks, i'm just so exhausted along with another thing or two. I have been going to bed at 7-9 pm and am still fatigued all the time. I'm getting blood tests tommorrow, wish me luck.

Ryy-

Did you ever had your Vitamin D levels tested? For many few years I dealt with exhaustion. Vitamin D isn't usually a thing the doctors check with normal blood work. I went to a rheumatologist last year and he tested my Vitamin D levels. My levels were very, very low (i have very fair skin and don't get out in the sun much) and he recommended 2,000 units a day of vitamin D. About 2 months after taking it, I felt alot better. My energy levels have really soared and I believe it is from this. However, pain tends to wear you down. On the days when my back is really bothering me, I notice I feel like I get tired and worn out more.

Also, I was just wondering, do you have any problems in your neck from the kyphosis? I have a herniated disc in my neck and have some type of pinched nerve that runs down my shoulder and into my arm, causing tingling into my fingers, elbow and shoulder area. It is so annoying. I am wondering if it is related to the kyphosis and if this will get better after the surgery.
By the way, I see that you got a cortisone shot today? Do you notice any relief?

Take care,
JenM

Ryy
02-04-2010, 01:06 AM
jrnyc,

I'm going to look into calling Dr. Lonner and a few others for sure.

fandango,

I'm sry to hear it's gotten worse. Look into getting the surgery, i'm 100% going to do it at some point soon. I've had enough as well. Feel free to pm me as we're both in similar situations.

ed,

I'm hoping my digestive issues will calm down with surgery. Mainly i get so bloated, and often indigestion stuff. Bm's are pretty much normal. Gastro tests show slow gastric emptying. No major food sensitivities for me, did all the testing at docs and of course personal experimentation diets. Since everything and the muscles are so outta wack, i'm quite positive this is the cause. I also have gained 10-15 over the last 2 months along with the exhaustion thing. Blood tests are coming back in a day or 2, checking a good range of things. Maybe i'm just sick of being in pain and breathing troubles, my body has had enough, maybe not. I'm happy to hear your digestive issues calmed down with your surgery :)

jenm,

i'm not sure if the blood tests today check vit d, i'll see in a day or too and if not, get it checked. I don't have any neck issues other than the classic neck that sticks out forward more than normal with kypho people. I don't think i have any nerve issues yet. Sometimes i do get a cold sharp pain in my right shoulder, happens on and off for years. I do have pretty bad carpel tunnel in my right wrist, which i think is from weight lifting when younger and 10 years of guitar. Are you gonna go for the surgery jen?

update on me,

6 corto shots today, i was confused when they said, "Okay, we're doing C-7-T-3 shots today right?" That's way up by my neck and way upper back. Hm. I'm going to call my doctor tommorrow, as another doctor in the same office did the shots today. My kypho is mid-to-upper back. Maybe they start up and work their way down with more rounds of shots. If so, prob a money making thing for them. I'll see tommorrow. Pain is less today, feeling pretty good actually, but can't say if it's because of the corto. Could be the sedation effects, or the mild swelling from the shots taking the focus off of the usual back pain. We'll see in 4-5 days ay? Trying to stay positive on this rollercoaster we all know of, having scoli or kypho!

Looking forward to Hospital for Special Surgery Feb 12 :)

Take care

Ryy
02-09-2010, 07:00 PM
Bump for my post on here before this from a week ago...

Update on the corto shots: Back pain has been much less, but i don't know if it's because the corto really has helped the direct pain, or the side effects i get from corto has taken over the regular back pain and is the main focus now. Has anyone had any side effects from corto shots? I'm sensitive to corto: bloated like a mother, mild mood change, waking up 3-5 times in the middle of the night to go #1, sweating more. Will go away in time, just curious about others' experience with corto shots..

For those who've had a fusion(s): i'm not sure about scoli, but with kypho, there is an almost constant need/want to crack your back. Standing up and throwing your arms to the side while twisting your torso gets some cracks, laying on a hard object, and of course the chiro. When fused, do you feel a need to have your back cracked? Can you crack it yourself if so without doing any damage?

Appointment in NYC at HSS this Friday, i hope it goes well. I really wish there was a test that would confirm my digestive and breathing issues are related to the kypho. Wish me good luck, and good luck to you all, you deserve it

titaniumed
02-09-2010, 08:02 PM
Ryy

I blew into a computerized breathing machine and its results were that I had "restricted breathing". I didnít feel like I had any problems with my breathing, but it was confirmed 4x since they thought there was a malfunction.

I would recommend drinking water. Its just a really good idea for many reasons.
My surgeon told me that my reflux and other assorted upper GI issues were not caused from my scoliosis. It seemed that he didnít want to guarantee any results in this area after my surgeries.

Here are some links that will be helpful.

https://www.infusebonegraft.com/questions_for_your_surgeon.html

https://www.infusebonegraft.com/facts_about_surgery.html

https://www.infusebonegraft.com/questions_for_your_doctor.html

Go ahead and print out some of those questions to take with you.
Good luck
Ed

JenniferG
02-09-2010, 09:17 PM
"For those who've had a fusion(s): i'm not sure about scoli, but with kypho, there is an almost constant need/want to crack your back. Standing up and throwing your arms to the side while twisting your torso gets some cracks, laying on a hard object, and of course the chiro. When fused, do you feel a need to have your back cracked? Can you crack it yourself if so without doing any damage?"

I used to feel like that a lot pre-op but since surgery, I haven't felt the need to crack my back. It feels comfy all the time. I don't get that little pressure feeling that things are not quite in the right place, anymore.:D

loves to skate
02-10-2010, 02:15 PM
Cortisone shots.:( My face flushes for about 3 weeks after, I break out in pimples all over my face, I get insomnia and constipation. I can't remember all, but I don't want to have any more cortisone shots, ever.:eek:
Sally

rainbow2010
02-12-2010, 05:09 PM
You might want to try the ortho department at Strong Memorial Hospital In Rochester, NY. They have been training scoliosis doctors for over 30 years!

JenM
02-12-2010, 05:41 PM
Hi Ryy-

I was just wondering how your appointment went with Dr. Cunningham at HSS today. Did he recommend surgery?

Hope all went well.

JenM

theizzard
02-13-2010, 09:26 AM
I had/have kyphosis and that's what my surgery corrected one year ago. Dr. Rand was my surgeon and until meeting him I hadn't been told about my sagittal imbalance or kyphosis. The only thing that was mentioned was my scoliosis. I knew I leaned forward but I didn't realize that was causing such problems. Anyway, a year later and I do stand much straighter and with my cane I walk quite well. The pain I have is quite different than before and it is much less. I am hopeful that it will completely go away. Dr. Rand told me I should get my Vitamin D levels checked but I haven't been to my gp yet. I try to remember to take all my vitamins including the calcium with D but why on earth do they make them so huge. I can swallow a dozen little pills at one time but one of those gigantic vitamin pills makes me gag.
avis

Ryy
02-15-2010, 11:19 AM
Hey all,

Well i never ended up going to HSS. Turned out to be just a little 3 day weekend trip to NYC. On the way, i called my insurance company to ask a question about the surgery coverage, and i figured i'd double check to see if the visit would be covered like i was told by HSS. Turns out it wasn't, so i didn't even bother going. I knew i should've called a long time ago when i made the appointment, who knows why i didn't :/ I have one of the best insurance policies available, it's just not supported at Dr. Cunningham's office.

I'm on to looking for another doctor today. Recommendations appreciated much! I have an appointment in March with a different local doctor who's highly recommended by a buddy of mine who also has kyphosis. He doesn't do the surgery but is very knowledgeable i hear.. take care all

Ryy
02-15-2010, 01:48 PM
Been researching for the last few hours. So many docs out there. If anyone can give suggestions of the best docs out there in New York (city and upstate), that would be great. Dr. Lonner doesn't take my insurance. Dr. Errico and Dr. Goldstein at NYU hosp for joint diseases does. Are they good? No docs at Columbia Univ take my insurance. How about a few at Rochester Univ, Dr. Molinari, Dr. Rechtine, or Dr. Rubery? Recommendations for docs in NY are appreciated.. thanks guys

titaniumed
02-15-2010, 03:42 PM
Ryy and Everyone........

Always check with your insurance co before you visit ANY Doctors. Also check with them as far as diagnostic tests go.

My neighbor, who didnít check is now going to have to pay for a CT that was done last month, and it isnt cheap. $2400 for just her neck. She didnít run through her PPC

Donít let them weasle out of paying, due to a technicality......

Also remember PPOs run through your PPC.(Primary care physician) They are essentially the insurance gate keepers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dr Errico is certainly qualified. There have been posts about him here. He works with Dr Nuzzo who is certainly worthy.. These are incredible men........Dr Nuzzo just does the unfortunate kids... free.
http://www.pediatric-orthopedics.com/The_Practice/Roy_M__Nuzzo__MD/RMN_cv/rmn_cv.htm

Ed

joyfull
02-15-2010, 10:43 PM
Ryy, Dr. Ericco works with Dr. Lonner; in fact, they are doing a research study together. I've heard good things about him. Good luck, Joy

Ryy
02-21-2010, 03:04 AM
I have an appt with Dr. Errico in NYC on March 18. Appt with Dr. Molinari in Rochester NY in March too, but not sure if i'm going to that one yet due to the longer distance, I might though. Appt this Tues with a different local doc who i haven't seen yet in Albany NY, who is very very good i hear. All 3 are listed on here for the scoliosis society. Well take care guys :)

Ryy
02-27-2010, 04:45 PM
Update on me:

Pulmonary function tests coming up, but no mri yet. While doing reflex tests (like the knee tap), he said my reflexes were pretty brisk, it's called hyperreflexia. Nerve conduction study coming up soon for that. Hopefully nothing will come out abnormal. Also have the appt with Dr. Errico in NYC on March 18..

For you kypho and scoli fellas and ladies, i'm wondering if some of you have/had to purposely stand a certain way all day and night, flexing and pushing different posture muscles in whatever ways you have to, to get pain/discomfort/breathing relief? It's such a bummer for me: to get the relief i need to just to help my breathing so i can function through the day, i have to purposely lift my shoulders way up and slightly back to be able to breathe correctly. If i let my shoulders relax, my chest doesnt open up, my BACK opens up with the lungs, as well as muscles in there tighten in the improper ways. Also have to push my pelvis out which takes some discomfort/pain away in the back. Just wondering if i'm crazy here with this or not :@

I don't know whether i'm just getting older or what, but my metabolism has very recently all of a sudden just crashed. A week and a half ago, started the candida diet (absolutely no sugar, no starches, it's basically meat vegetables and vitamins). My little belly is a little less but still there strong. Not that big to begin with, but certainly have had a few remarks about my "pouch"! If i did this diet a year ago, would prob have a 6 pack! Also, my legs seem to really need to be stretched behind the heel and lower calf like crazy. This started a few months ago. I do the stretches but still just seems abnormal. Had blood tests checking for many things, came back normal. I started a desk job 2 years ago, which slowed down my metabolism slightly when i started, but recently everything just seems to be going downhill so quickly all of a sudden :( Just wish i could get a break. Sorry for venting, but sometimes you gotta do it! thanks for listening guys, take care, and advice would be great. Enjoy yourselves ;)

Ryy
03-16-2010, 09:36 PM
Update on me:

Awaiting my appt next wk, to discuss the results of the mri, pulmonary, and nerve tests. Getting facet blocks on monday 3/22 by him as well.. Wed 3/24, seeing Dr. Dryer at NYU for the first time.

Still in constant dull pain to different degrees, and breathing is crappy. The only major thing that helps is getting massages. I've been going once a week. I would go every day if i could. The relief lasts 2, maybe 3, days at most. The back exercises and stretching helps, but massages are number 1 for me. Well, take care guys :)

joyfull
03-16-2010, 11:41 PM
Ryy, Do you have any "out of network" coverage? Dr. Lonner is not in my network, but I get back about two thirds of the office visit.

Ryy
03-18-2010, 07:25 AM
yeah i have out of network. I have to pay all of the costs up front, and get 70 or 75% back. About how much is the fusion w/ rods total cost? i think i'm gonna try and stay in network though

Ryy
03-19-2010, 07:52 PM
Hi all,

Does anyone here have/had schmorl's nodes? I just got a letter from my doc from the mri, saying i have mild to moderate schmorl's nodes. I know what they are, just wondering if anyone here has them too and are they anything significant? I'm seeing my doc on monday, gonna ask about it.

loves to skate
03-20-2010, 04:52 PM
Hi RYY,

I believe that I have one. They are common. Here is a link for you. http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=14007

Sally

jrnyc
03-20-2010, 11:05 PM
Hey Ryy
i have some kind of steroid or another all the time...no side effects from cortisone or other steroid injections......they dont help my lumbar very much...depends where they put it...cause my lumbar is really bad, with rotation, spinal stenosis, arthritis, degenerative discs, etc...sacroiliac injections worked the best...the botox works like MAGIC on my thoracic area...shuts down any possiblity of muscle spasms...cause it freezes muscles...

i have had really bad reflux over the years...took meds for it...that was all that helped me besides avoiding certain foods....had all kinds of tests for it besides endoscopy..had one where i swallowed a nuclear capsule! sum total was that i have bad reflux & hiatal hernia that is mild...i am very thin from not being able to eat due to many many pain meds...quit the oxycontin due to that..and that it made me really tired...still take hydrocodone, which also makes me tired...they all kill my appetite completely...wish someone had told me that when i was younger and dieting :rolleyes:

i am sorry dr lonner doesnt take your insurance...i see him april 12th to discuss possibility of minimal invasive for my lumbar, per dr anand...if not, i will still be looking for a minimal invasive doctor....i love dr lonner...just dont think i want the traditional cutting procedures...we'll see....

good luck with your search...i hope you find the right guy...or girl...but i've yet to meet a female scoli surgeon??!!!

jess