subchondral cyst - right hip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• subchondral cyst - right hip

Hi all, i have been having pain in the right hip area for about two weeks now. I saw my GP last week and had x-rays taken of both hips and both knees as i remarked about the right knee seeming out of alignment. I saw my GP tonight, and the x-rays showed that i have minimal evidence of osteoarthritis on both knees and both hips and that i have a subchondral cyst on the right hip joint. Has anyone had anything similar? What treatment if any did you have or any other information would be helpful. I will be touching base with my surgeon on my doctors request to hopefully gain some insight as to how or what i should do, as i don't want to ruin his good work. Thanks in anticipation.
    Vali
    44 years young! now 45
    Surgery - June 1st, 2009
    Dr David Hall - Adelaide Spine Clinic
    St. Andrews Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia
    Pre-op curve - 58 degree lumbar
    Post -op - 5 degrees
    T11 - S1 Posterior
    L4/5 - L5/S1 Anterior Fusion

So sorry to hear this, Vali. I'm sorry I can't help you - I guess you've Googled them - but I hope they are easily and swiftly fixed. Let us know how you get on. Happy Australia Day, btw!
    Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
    Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
    T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
    Osteotomies and Laminectomies
    Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Hi Jen, Happy Australia Day to you too! I also hope it can be quickly fixed. I will be touching base with Dr H tomorrow to see what he says. My GP said he wanted to start me on Anti-inflammatorys (sp?), but also mentioned Fishoil,
      Glucosamine and Chondrosamine, then when i said, i don't think i'm allowed anti-infl yet, he said, well i don't know what to do for you - speak with Dr H. Will let you know, what happens.
      Vali
      44 years young! now 45
      Surgery - June 1st, 2009
      Dr David Hall - Adelaide Spine Clinic
      St. Andrews Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia
      Pre-op curve - 58 degree lumbar
      Post -op - 5 degrees
      T11 - S1 Posterior
      L4/5 - L5/S1 Anterior Fusion

Comment

Working...
      X