PDA

View Full Version : subchondral cyst - right hip

Vali
01-25-2010, 05:20 AM
Hi all, i have been having pain in the right hip area for about two weeks now. I saw my GP last week and had x-rays taken of both hips and both knees as i remarked about the right knee seeming out of alignment. I saw my GP tonight, and the x-rays showed that i have minimal evidence of osteoarthritis on both knees and both hips and that i have a subchondral cyst on the right hip joint. Has anyone had anything similar? What treatment if any did you have or any other information would be helpful. I will be touching base with my surgeon on my doctors request to hopefully gain some insight as to how or what i should do, as i don't want to ruin his good work. Thanks in anticipation.

JenniferG
01-25-2010, 03:04 PM
So sorry to hear this, Vali. I'm sorry I can't help you - I guess you've Googled them - but I hope they are easily and swiftly fixed. Let us know how you get on. Happy Australia Day, btw!

Vali
01-25-2010, 05:56 PM
Hi Jen, Happy Australia Day to you too! I also hope it can be quickly fixed. I will be touching base with Dr H tomorrow to see what he says. My GP said he wanted to start me on Anti-inflammatorys (sp?), but also mentioned Fishoil,
Glucosamine and Chondrosamine, then when i said, i don't think i'm allowed anti-infl yet, he said, well i don't know what to do for you - speak with Dr H. Will let you know, what happens.