PDA

View Full Version : If Dr. Hey is missing an instument...

Pooka1
01-24-2010, 03:18 PM
we know where it is...

http://drlloydhey.blogspot.com/2010/01/17-yo-young-lady-w-painful-58-degree.html

Just kidding. Hey seems amazing in terms of quick surgeries, low blood loss, great corrections, etc.

And I really like his blog. The doodle post on the first page was very amusing. :)

Hannamom
01-24-2010, 03:39 PM
Sharon

I enjoy Dr. Hey's blog also. He's so upbeat and positive! I can't understand how he does these surgeries so quickly. And he drives his patients to the airport!

Ann

Pooka1
01-24-2010, 03:46 PM
I think he is an extremely talented, extremely driven individual.

The speed of the surgeries is just amazing compared to every testimonial I have read and compared to my two daughters' surgeries. It's like he has devised some ways to do the surgery much more quickly.

Singer
01-24-2010, 04:35 PM
Something about Dr. Hey's blog sometimes makes me a bit teary. I think it's because he approaches his profession and his patients with so much heart -- something you don't often see in other surgeons.

Vali
01-24-2010, 05:34 PM
When i found out i needed surgery and starting frantically researching all i could get on the subject, i came across his website first. I remember thinking, wow, this surgeon is trully amazing, hope i can find someone like that for me.

hope404
01-24-2010, 06:45 PM
Thanks...Pooka1..another great post..

very encouraging to see such great Docs. working in the Scoliosis world.

elizabeth1st
06-15-2010, 02:21 PM
I am trying to become more familiar with the use of this forum. I am finding a lot of additional information...

Is Dr Hey authentic? I don't think I would have ever imagined a doc using "blogging" to discuss his work. I find it unbelievable!

skevimc
06-15-2010, 05:00 PM
Don't usually post over in the surgery section but the title made me click. He's in Raleigh huh? That's the general location (Raleigh-Durham-WS) we want to move when we're done in CA. Do they do any research? ;)

LindaRacine
06-15-2010, 07:55 PM
Don't usually post over in the surgery section but the title made me click. He's in Raleigh huh? That's the general location (Raleigh-Durham-WS) we want to move when we're done in CA. Do they do any research? ;)
Since he's in private practice, I don't think he does much research, although he definitely has an interest in collecting outcomes.

--Linda

SandyC
07-03-2010, 02:00 PM
I find it interesting that he (Dr.Hey) has time to blog in between surgeries.I will admit to being a bit "jaded", he seems a bit to good to be true :rolleyes:
SandyC

Pooka1
07-03-2010, 03:11 PM
I find it interesting that he (Dr.Hey) has time to blog in between surgeries.I will admit to being a bit "jaded", he seems a bit to good to be true :rolleyes:
SandyC

I don't know him but I know there are people who are driven... go to Ivy League schools, live to work... etc. etc. He strikes me as that type, the type that makes you wonder how he fits so much in the day.

I, of course, don't know any of that. Just my impression.

rohrer01
07-03-2010, 07:06 PM
I spoke to him on the phone. He was very personable and seemed very caring especially about quality of life issues that affect people with scoliosis. :)