• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Sergury ever, Less than one month :(

Basic info:
    Curve: 52* (as of mid October)
    Surgeon: Dr. St. Claire
    Hospital: C.H.K.D.

Hello! My mom showed me this website and i kinda got hooked on it. My name is Katlin, I'm 16 years old, and I have a 52*( * = degree) curve from T11 to L3. I was diagnosed 2 years ago in the spring of my 8th grade year. I am now in the 10th grade and it was been a rough 2 years for me.

Over the years I've been growing. A year ago my curve was 40* and when I grew it went down to 36*. The doctor I was seeing was till using the x-ray slips and measured by hand (clearly technology didn't catch up to them quickly). But when I stopped growing the curve progressed.

After a year wasted there they referred me to CHKD. The staff at my surgeon's office is very polite and super friendly! I am scheduled to see my surgeon for the last time before this surgery at his office. I guess its for a check up of something like that?

My surgery is scheduled for Febuary 9th and I am scared about the whole thing. Of course everyone gets scared when it come to surgery.

Please reply! What should i know pain wise? I will update after my appointment

-KateScoliKid
    Last edited by KateScoliKid; 01-20-2010, 03:14 PM.

Hey im Syd and I am 13 well about your age hehe dont be scared there are tons of people that are going through the same thing including me Oh and hey you are just like for the pain thing I have a thread called cant stand the pain anymore but okay what do you do for the pain right now and is that helping but hey my tip that you should get a heating pad for 45 min or a cold ice pad Oh hey what surgery are you getting ?p.s Im scared to ! and also wishing you luck and the best of wishes
    Hey and tell me how your appontment goes too I bet its going to go great ! and if you have and questions leave me a message on my page if you want and remember your not alone
    Last edited by Syd; 01-20-2010, 05:09 PM.
    [COLOR="Cyan"]59 degree curve birth
    110 degree curve now
    Sydnie SueAnn ^.^ Always open to help xo

Comment

well for right now i am doing exercises my physical therapist told me to do. and not like a sheering pain, it like a bothering one. Like in school sitting down and cant get comfortable type thing :\ kinda annoying

I am wishing the best of luck for you as well! hopefully when summer comes we will get to swim and make silly excuses for our scars!

OH! and i'm having a spinal fusion. what are you having?

Comment

Same thing as you and I am having that in march just a month or two after you and the swimming thing is what I am doing after I heal you count on that and these are some things on my list to do after the surgery I would like to get back to like making funny faces at people in the car hehe and going to the mall with my friends and the beach too hey what is your degrees they are fixing your spine to?
        Last edited by Syd; 01-20-2010, 05:11 PM.
        110 degree curve now

Comment

Im not quite sure. I'll write that question down and make sure i'll ask him!

Comment

o you sont have to if you dont want to O have done those painful xrays where they check if you have movement in your curve? if you have doesnt hurt! it was so painful for me because Im like a stwig lol hahah just kiding
            110 degree curve now

Comment

yeah i have but it wasnt painful for me. I hardly have a curve in the T part of my spine (thoracic?) so when i bend to the left and right it straightens out. It really sad though because i can bend alot more to my right then my left. You cant even see the left side of my hip bone xD i have a curvy side and a flat side

Comment

Working...
              X