Calendar???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calendar???

Hi...does anybody know if there is a calendar here showing everyone's surgery date? I tried to use the calendar feature one time a month ago, but couldn't get it to work. Would that be a useful tool for everyone?
    Laura
    62 degrees
    49 yrs. young
    Surgery 3/31/10 with Lenke

Before and After pics
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/13749126@N06/

I have tried getting the calender to work but have been unable to het it to work.It would most definitely be a good thing to have

Melissa

Comment

I posted very thorough instructions on how to use the calendar awhile back, but when I tried to find that post so I could give you a link to that, the search button wasn't working... is it working for anyone else?

Anyway, in order to post your surgery dates, you need to first get to the surgery calendar. Here's what to do:

Click on "Calendar" toward the top of this page -- it's one of the choices in the blue bar. This gets you to the PUBLIC calendar. It's the one members AND others view, and it shows all the birthdays. You cannot post any dates from this calendar.

Scroll to the bottom of the page of the public calendar. Find where it says CALENDAR JUMP and click on the choice menu-- then choose the SURGERY AND BRACING DATES option. It should automatically change to that calendar.

Scroll to the bottom of that page and find the box that says ADD NEW EVENT and click on SINGLE, ALL DAY EVENT. This will bring up a new page. Fill it in as you wish, remembering that what you write in the TITLE area is what will show up the most-- so usually it's good to put your name followed by surgery (like Susie*Bee's surgery), select the correct DATE, and then fill in the rest of the info you want-- you might write your name again and then add the info--such as extent of fusion, hospital, city, surgeon, etc. Example: Susie*Bee-- posterior fusion, T2-L4, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Dr. Hammerberg. Of course, it can be whatever you choose to disclose. Then click to SAVE EVENT. The last few times I helped people with this-- or actually did it for them, there was a delay in its being added because it had to be approved.

If you have any questions or need help, please let me know. Best wishes!
      71 and plugging along... but having some problems
      2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
      5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
      Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
      CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
      10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

THANKS SUSIE BEE! I just tried it. I followed your instructions and added my date to March 31, 2010, so hopefully it will appear. Of course, I did not see any other's surgeries on there. I wish we would all do that. It seems like a lot of steps to post it...but really it wasn't that bad. Thanks again! And please, everybody post your surgery date!!!
        Laura
        62 degrees
        49 yrs. young
        Surgery 3/31/10 with Lenke

Before and After pics
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/13749126@N06/

Comment

Birthdays

How do birthdays get on the calender?
          My birthday is not listed on the calender

Also, the search feature is not working for me either nor is the instant email when someone writes a response to an email that I have written I am getting those responses hours later

What is going on?

Thanks for the surgery answer

I did put my surgery in and it did seem to take it

Melissa

Comment

You are both welcome for the info...

Birthdays automatically appear on the birthday calendar if you have entered the information in your profile and have enabled the optional information to be viewed by others.

I don't know what the problem is with the SEARCH mechanism-- or at least it was a problem for a few of us. Or the delay with your email, Melissa.

As for getting others to post their surgeries, it doesn't always happen. For about 1.5 years I kept a posting of surgery dates-- usually 3 months at a time (like Aug, Sept, Oct 2008 surgeries) and would try to keep current by jotting them down when I ran across names and dates in other posts-- or when people told me they were going to have surgery-- or if I PMd them to see if they wanted the info posted. It worked fairly well because you could see everyone's dates at a glance (I edited the first post in that thread so they would all be together, so I added to that part of the thread.) Again, it was a little hard to keep up with. Then I got really busy last year-- my first two grandbabies were born to my older two daughters, birth dates of babies just a week apart (April and May) and my youngest daughter was getting married in June. Since I also work full time, it was just too much to do. Another problem with that was that there was very little going on with those threads, so they would sink lower and lower and not be noticed...

We could try that again if there is an interest.

Corrected to 15°

Comment

Hi Susie, and that was a wonderful thing you did, it was so helpfull, but it must have been so time consuming, how are those grandchildren, must be getting big already!
              Dolores A
              June 4, 2009 Anterior L3 - S1
              June 8, 2009 Posterior T4 - Pelvis
              Mark Agulnick, MD FAAOS
              NY Spine & Scoliosis Center

Comment

Thanks, Dolores-- they are precious babies... of course I'm partial. They are 8 months old now, and just darling.

Keeping the calendar thread wasn't too time consuming-- it was trying to glean the information that took the time. If people did that part and just notified me, it would be a breeze and I wouldn't mind. I still usually read quite a few of the posts each day, although I get bogged down sometimes. I just haven't had much to say lately. Maybe that's what happens as more and more time goes by, and you get busy with your life.

Corrected to 15°

Comment

Thanks very much Susie!
                  Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
                  Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

You're welcome.

For those of you who might be interested... here is an old listing of surgeries thread-- and the link I tried to find last night/this morning (?) but the search wouldn't function right for me then. Now it is, so that is good!

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...light=calendar

Corrected to 15°

Comment

Working...
                    X