PDA

View Full Version : Can Glucosamine help you fuse quicker?

rich1752
01-15-2010, 08:53 PM
I remember when I used to run, I would use Glucosamine in order to help my joints. Does anybody know of any research involving Glucosamine in helping disc fuse quicker.

Maybe Linda could help answering this question.

Rich

LindaRacine
01-15-2010, 09:39 PM
Hi Rich...

I don't think so, but I don't think it's been studied.

--Linda

debbei
01-15-2010, 11:54 PM
I remember when I used to run, I would use Glucosamine in order to help my joints. Does anybody know of any research involving Glucosamine in helping disc fuse quicker.

Maybe Linda could help answering this question.

Rich

I wonder differently: is gluosamine safe to take post-surgery--would it somehow inhibit fusion?

LindaRacine
01-16-2010, 12:20 AM
I wonder differently: is gluosamine safe to take post-surgery--would it somehow inhibit fusion?

That was my first thought as well, but I couldn't find anything to support it. I suspect that if it inhibited fusion, there would have been some case reports by now. Just the same, I would definitely check with my surgeon's office before taking it during the fusion period.

--Linda

Doodles
01-16-2010, 01:30 PM
I used to take it religously and had to quit it before surgery and still have not been allowed to return to it. I wish I could when I find my joints aching and acting up but I wouldn't want to mess with fusion! Janet