No announcement yet.

Went from 5'9'' to 6'2'' after surgery!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went from 5'9'' to 6'2'' after surgery!

Hi! My name is Ross! I am 14 years old. I had the spinal fusion from T2-L3. When I went into the hospital I was 5'9''. When I cam out and the nurses measured me 5 days after surgery, I had gained 3 inches! I always wanted to be at least 6 feet tall. Now I am, except w/ 2 inches included. If anyone wants to talk, my email addy is hard_roc_child08@hotmail.com .
    Matt

Rod Removal Surgery 2/4/2008
    www.myspace.com/ross40728
    Had surgery on 9/20/04
    81* Scheuermann's Disease
    40* Left Thoracic Scoliosis
    U Rod Inserted
    Fused from T2-L3

Hi Ross,
    I'd love to see a photo of your x-rays. It sounds rather interesting. I'm glad you are happy about your new height. Have you lost any weight?
    Best wishes.
    Cheryl.

Comment

Hey

Hey Cheryl! I haven't even seen my post op x-rays myself. But, I have been having some trouble with my brace, so we will probably be going back to Shreveport pretty soon, then I will try to get a pic or 2 to send to you guys. I haven't weighed myself yet, but when I do, I will tell you. How is Amber? Well Best Wishes to all! Take Care, Ross
      Matt

Had surgery on 9/20/04
      U Rod Inserted
      Fused from T2-L3

Comment

Hi Ross,
        What is the problem with your brace? I am curious to know how wearing a brace affects the healing of the incision.
        Amber is doing really well. I looked at her last night and noticed that she seems to have put a little weight on. She is going to weigh herself this morning when she gets up. She layed on her stomach for the first time yesterday, in the backyard. She said it hurt her ribs a little, probably because they are not used to it.
        If you can't post a picture of your x-rays here don't forget to email them to me, I really do want to have a look.
        Best wishes.
        Cheryl.

Comment

Hey

Hey Cheryl. The problem with my brace is that it is bent. When we put it on the floor the other day we noticed that it kept falling to the right. My mom said that she noticed it in the hospital, but the doctor and the nurse said that it was from me still being a lil twisted. It is all to one side on me and it really hurts. i'm glad to hear that Amber is well. Tell her I said hi sometime.
          Take care! Ross
          Matt

Had surgery on 9/20/04
          U Rod Inserted
          Fused from T2-L3

Comment

hey matt,

i was in a similar situation to yours, with the shuermann's kyphosis and all. I had my surgeries in july/august 2002. personally i went from 6'1''ish to almsot 6'4''. becareful in basements with low ceilings and pipes/beams.

Comment

Working...
            X