Surgery Type: Posterior
    T4-T12

hey everyone remember me

hi jill
    tell us about your surgery and your recovery and how you are doing
    thanks
    jennifer

Comment

Hi Jill, glad to see you back. How has your recovery been to date? How are you finding life after surgery? How are you coping with school?
      Best wishes.
      Cheryl.

Comment

hi everyone! I feel 99.99999999% better! The only reason I don't feel 100% normal is because I still cannot do a lot of activities until june or so. Last night my school had a dance so I had to "modify" how I danced so I didn't hurt my back. Dapsbounce8 and I went to a horse stable last week and got our picture taken for the hospital. We must have posed 20 different ways and had over 100 pictures taken! I also really want to start horse back riding lessons...Ive always wanted to...for as long as I can remember. I know its not the best thing for my back, but if all I did in life was horse back ride, I'd die happy .
        I do have to go to physical therapy because once in a while my right hip really starts hurting (not that bad but enough to make me do anything to get my weight off of it). All I do for physical therapy is stretch (A LOT), I can do an eliptical machine, steps machine, treadmill, and other small exercises. This is the most excersise I have done in a while and it makes me feel so good! The other day on the eliptical machine I ran .60 of a mile! I have a doctors appointment the 19/17 of october. If you have any questions just ask!
        Surgery: June 4th, 2004
        Main curve: 44 degrees
        Location of Curve: Upper Right Part of Back
        T4-T12

Comment

ok...

i have never had surgery and my doctor hasnt told me that i need surgery but i was wondering: WHATS IT LIKE?!? i mean like what do they do to you? how long are you in surgery? whats it like afterwards? do you have to wear a brace after? thanks for any replies!
          ¢¾ aura ¢¾

Comment

Here is some quick info (before I go do some homework )

How I felt afterwards: I remember EVERYTHING! When I first got out of surgery I kept going into a very quick sleep, then waking up. The only real painful part was rolling in bed. The first night went slowly because the nurses and dr's keep coming in and checking your vitals. The first physical therapy was hard and I almost passed out. The second and third were a little easier but not much. When I left I still had trouble walking but I was a whole lot better. My surgery experience was really not that bad at all. I actually would do it again if I had to.

How long my surgery was: Four hours. I woke up at 4:00 am and went to the hospital. got there at 6:00 am. Went into surgery at 7am. Woke up from surgery at approximatly 12am.

Brace: I didn't have to wear one after surgery but others have so Im not the best one to answer this part.

Hope this has helped!
            ~Jill
            Surgery: June 4th, 2004
            Main curve: 44 degrees
            Location of Curve: Upper Right Part of Back
            T4-T12

Comment

Working...
            X