Outcome of my daughter's VS in 2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outcome of my daughter's VS in 2004

I have had many e-mails over the past 6+ years concerning my daughter's outcome. If you wish to find the update I wrote after her surgery, it was posted on 6/22/06 somewhere on this site. While I don't mind responding personally to those who e-mail me, for those of you who just want to know how it went, check out my posting. For a brief update. She is doing great! She is a freshman in college and her curves have settled back into their former degrees after surgery, but have not progressed which our surgeon told us was considered a success. Yes, we would choose the procedure all over again if we had the same choices and we don't have any regrets. My daughter does need a very good quality mattress and does have an occassional backache, but she also needs to wear shoes with good arches (and doesn't) and carries a very heavy backpack to school which also impact her occassional back pain. Overall- it was a good solution and I have multiple times over the years recommended our surgeon to many others and those who have used Dr. Oswald in Atlanta have been very pleased with him. Blessings to all as you struggle with your own decisions about this procedure.

Thanks for sharing that!

My son also had stapling in 2004. He's only 11 now so he has lots of growth left, but he's doing well also. I'm so glad VBS was a success for your daughter!

I have heard from a few moms whose kids had VBS with Dr. Oswald and they all think the world of him.

Best of luck to your daughter in the future.
    mariaf305@yahoo.com
    Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
    Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

Working...
    X