PDA

View Full Version : Back to Work!!

Bionic Woman
12-15-2009, 07:53 PM
Hi everyone,

So sorry I haven't been in touch. Well, I'm 5 months post-op and I've gone back to work:D I'm having VERY little to NO pain!! I haven't taken any prescription pain pills in about 5 weeks. I've been doing just fine with an Aleve or 2 a day. I did see the surgeon on 11/22, and he said everything is great and in place and he'd see me in a year! I was still having just a little bit of spasming in my ribs and he gave me some Flexeril for that, but I've only taken 2 so far. Just can't believe it. It's unbelievable in the difference from just before my surgery and now. (for those who don't know I had T11-L5 fused on July 6th 2009)

I've been telling people how I'm just kinda' kickin' myself for not doing this sooner. I have to say, as I'm sure you all have experienced, I was really terrified before surgery. I had heard so many horror stories in the past. Thanks to all of you who were so encouraging. In turn, I hope this post will be an encouragement to others.

Take care everyone and talk to you soon.

Deb

Hannamom
12-15-2009, 08:18 PM
Deb,

That is great news! Glad you are back to work and doing so well.

Hannamom

Shari
12-15-2009, 10:36 PM
Welcome back Deb,

Another great outcome that needs to be shared here. I was gone for a while as well, then I started to miss the forum. It's great to be back on here, and I think I'm even more addicted to it, than I was before my surgeries.

Glad you're doing well, and keep on posting.

Way to go,
Shari

Jimbo
12-16-2009, 03:11 AM
awesome news!

I believe you are now into your new life :) I hope you enjoy it

RitaR
12-16-2009, 06:33 PM
Hello Bionic Woman, can you tell me what degree your curve was?

Bionic Woman
12-27-2009, 07:39 PM
Sorry I didn't get back sooner. I believe mine was 35-45 deg. I never did get an actual number. I'll see if I can get that actual number. All I know is that I'm 1 1/4" taller now:D
Deb

RitaR
12-27-2009, 08:21 PM
Well,I think that's wonderful! I hope I do half as well as you. I'm at 80+ degrees and dying in pain every day. Muscle spasms. Numbness and tingling. I hate going through this all day every day.

Radiogirl
12-28-2009, 09:18 PM
Bionic Woman,

I am so happy for your results and recovery! I will be having my surgery 3/31/10. Can you please tell me your age, and your activity level? Do you work out or walk or do any exercising?

Thank you!
Laura