PDA

View Full Version : in the news

jrnyc
12-12-2009, 02:41 PM
Didnt know where to post this...did anyone see in the news that the french singer, johnny hallyday, is in a hospital in L.A. in an "induced coma" so he not suffer from the "botched surgery" on his back that he had in France? apparently, doctors in CA are trying to correct whatever was messed up in France....

am wondering if this was a simple disc operation...how could it have gone so wrong? INDUCED COMA sounds pretty heavy!!

anyone know anything?

jess

hdugger
12-12-2009, 02:52 PM
"Hallyday, 66, known as the "French Elvis" suffered complications following surgery in Paris for a slipped disc."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8410277.stm

jrnyc
12-12-2009, 03:00 PM
wow...all that from a simple disc operation...?? are they not good with back surgery in France? i didnt know it was so complicated...a friend of mine had disc surgery & it was a snap....

jess

titaniumed
12-12-2009, 03:11 PM
Its too early to know whats up with this. The media will print anything.
Ed

rich1752
12-13-2009, 09:12 AM
Cedar Sinai is in Beverly Hills, so it is known as the hospital of the stars. Yesterday, my wife was looking down from our room and saw popporazi running around the street trying to take pictures or trying to get into the hospital, but were turned around by security.

LindaRacine
12-13-2009, 11:31 AM
Hi Jess...

There are few, if any, regulations in France. So, who knows what they were trying. Recently, we saw a patient at UCSF, who had 4 artificial disc replacements in his neck. He was a huge mess. In the U.S., only single level artificial disc replacements have been approved.

--Linda

rich1752
12-13-2009, 12:06 PM
I just heard that Johnny Hallday is here at the hospital. There is popporatzi down stairs. I'm doing much better! My heardrate went back up last night, so they had to give me two units of blood. Doing much better now. Passing gas felt great!! I ate breakfast this morning, so I feel much better. One day at a time!!

rich

JenniferG
12-13-2009, 02:02 PM
Rich, you are doing tremendously well! Good to hear.

jrnyc
12-13-2009, 02:16 PM
Hi Rich
glad to know you are amongst the stars!! hope each day brings new & happy healing!

jess