PDA

View Full Version : Sitting up in my hospita chair!

rich1752
12-12-2009, 12:01 PM
We I was, I was supposed to have two surgies, one on Wednesday (Amterior) and the second one on Friday (posterior). The Doctor decided to do it all in one day, twelve hour surgery. My problem was that my heart rate jumped from 100 to 165, so they decided to keep me in ICU for the first day. Being only 38 years old, they decided that it was uncommon. My wife saw them bring in the crash cart in the post recovery, so she had a little fainting spasm. That first night was terrible, cause of all the bells and whistles going off every 10 minutes. The next day, they moved me to a regular room, where I feel much better. I have been getting up to walk and stand. I feel 100% better from the first day. I also had a nurse yesterday, who would bring my pain meds an hour late, this made me noxious and ruined my whole night. My doctor came in today and told him to give me the pain meds on time, so I can recover better. I also had water in my lung the first night, which I believe had been taken care of. One good new about the whole thing, is that my doctor didn't need to go down to S-1, so no fusion to s-1.

jrnyc
12-12-2009, 12:30 PM
So happy for you, Rich, that you are on the healing side & that you didnt need fusion to S1, cause i know you really didnt want that....so rest, heal, feel better day by day...

congratulations...your back looks GREAT!

best to you...
jess

titaniumed
12-12-2009, 03:07 PM
Fantastic news!

Pretty soon you will be home.

Ed

JenniferG
12-12-2009, 03:34 PM
OMG I can't believe you had 12 hour surgery and are up and posting on here 3 days later. With pics!.

Congrats Rich, you are doing great and thanks for the update.

Doodles
12-12-2009, 05:49 PM
Rich--I guess amazing--to be up and posting so soon. That's wonderful. Hope your healing goes well and as smoothly as possible. Janet

megz
12-12-2009, 10:42 PM
Yay rich!! You must be soo happy that you are finally over the whole waiting period and now on to the recovery side!! Gosh I am starting to get nervous for mine but will be excited when its all done and over with =) Congrats!!

Jimbo
12-13-2009, 02:18 AM
well you did it man

must be good to get it outta the way

enjoy your recovery :)

loves to skate
12-13-2009, 03:51 PM
Rich,

So happy for you to only have one surgery rather than two. Kudos to your Doctor. You are doing very well to be posting so soon and posting xrays and photo too. Be well.

Sally

sillycoffeegirl
12-13-2009, 06:48 PM
im so happy for you rich! your x ray looks great! :D

lapieper
12-14-2009, 11:16 AM
Way to go, Rich! Just take it easy, and take it one day at a time.

pilar
12-14-2009, 11:57 AM
Congratulation!!!
I saw in one of your post that you went to see Dr. Anand. What did he say about his procedure? what can you tell me about him? why did you decide to do your surgery with another doctor?
Thanks
Pilar

dolores a
12-14-2009, 03:02 PM
Wow Rich you sound like you are doing so well after your surgery! Hopefully you will be home soon and feeling better and better each day.

Shari
12-15-2009, 09:37 PM
What a wonderful outcome you've had. Your back looks great. You are going to feel great sooner than you think.

Congratulations,
Shari

RitaR
12-16-2009, 06:20 PM
So happy for you. I hope I can do half as well at least. I do have a question, though, did you experience any muscle spasms in your back preoperatively? sitting here in my recliner I can feel muscle spasms gallore and evenings are just horribly painful for me!