PDA

View Full Version : Leaving tomorrow morning for surgery!

rich1752
12-08-2009, 01:15 AM
Well, the day is here! I leave tomorrow morning to Cedars Sinai Hospital in Beverley Hills. Doctor Kropf from the Santa Monica Spine Institute called me again tonight to explain the details. I highly recommend him to anybody looking for a doctor. He has called me at home after he been in surgery all day long. I have experienced a lot of doctors with awful bed side manners, but Dr. Kropf is awesome and very caring. I leave tomorrow morning and my surgery is at 8am on Wednesday, for my 52 degree lumbar surgery, A/P. I need some Degenerative disc fixed. Very nervous right now! It feels like I'm dreaming! I found out the hospital has wi-fi, so I will post as soon as I'm coherent. Thank you Linda and everybody on this site, without your knowledge I wouldn't know who to turn to.

Rich

JenniferG
12-08-2009, 01:53 AM
All the very best Rich, it's almost over. Hang in there, this will take on a life of it's own shortly and you will just drift through it, knowing you're getting the best of care and skills.

If you're still feeling nervous tomorrow, ask for a pre-op. I highly recommend them!

Looking forward to seeing your first posts.

Vali
12-08-2009, 02:11 AM
Best wishes rich on a safe and successful surgery. Soon it will be all over.
I also wish you a smooth and speedy recovery. Take care.

dolores a
12-08-2009, 04:28 AM
Good Morning Rich, you are in my prayers for a successful surgery! you'll be back on here posting before you know it.

Jimbo
12-08-2009, 04:48 AM
wow, you got in quick. Best of luck and keep us informed of your recovery :)

nervous
12-08-2009, 05:04 AM
Good luck, Rich!!! Everything will be just fine and you'll be back on your feet again soon!! :)

Rachel~

jrnyc
12-08-2009, 05:40 AM
Thoughts & prayers go out to you, Rich...i know you will do well, & you'll be on the healing side in no time!

best of luck
jess

mgs
12-08-2009, 07:14 AM
Adding my prayers and good wishes!! We look forward to your first post from "the other side."

titaniumed
12-08-2009, 10:24 AM
Best wishes Rich.
Ed

Doodles
12-08-2009, 01:27 PM
Rich--
Best of luck to you for a great outcome and quick as possible recovery. You are young and will do fine! Janet

loves to skate
12-08-2009, 03:18 PM
Rich, Best wishes from me also. You will be surprisingly calm tomorrow morning. You will be in my prayers.

Sally

megz
12-08-2009, 06:25 PM
you will be in my thoughts tomorrow rich =) I hope everything goes smoothly for you..and enjoy reading about it when you are up to writing..are you having two different surgeries for you A/P?

txmarinemom
12-08-2009, 07:23 PM
Best wishes to you, Rich. Sally's right ... all the weeks of worry and prep will just kind of dissolve - at least that's very true of how I was.

I went to bed the night before thinking I'd never be able to sleep (still lamenting unfinished things off my to-do list :-), but had a dreamless night's rest for the first time in the 2 months since I'd committed to surgery.

Stay strong ... you can do this. Without a doubt, you'll have lots of positive energy flowing your way from here.

Looking forward to hearing a promising report in your own words!

Regards,
Pam

spinalfusion09
12-08-2009, 07:27 PM
Good luck Rich! It was extremely surreal for me the night before surgery! I had fusion at St. Josephs's on September 30th of this year. And I can't believe I'm almost at 3 months post opp! You'll be great and you're is really good hands! All the best + keep us posted!!!! :}
Sincerely,
Maliha

RitaR
12-08-2009, 10:32 PM
Anyone heard from him? How did it go? I'm jealous it wasn't me (I think).....

titaniumed
12-09-2009, 12:06 PM
Rita

They are doing his anterior right now. His posterior happens this Friday. 2 day stage.

We will probably hear from Rich around Christmas time.

Ed

Jimbo
12-10-2009, 06:02 AM
poor fella, spendin Chrisy in the hospital, reckon they will serve him ham and eggnog?

titaniumed
12-10-2009, 10:30 AM
He should be home by Christmas.

The 4 weeks after getting out will be tough.

I wouldnt drink eggnog. Especially after an anterior. The guts are delicate.

Ed

Jimbo
12-10-2009, 07:07 PM
he will have to unwrap his presents with his teeth :D

nervous
12-10-2009, 08:17 PM
Ugh!! :eek:

ldwest
12-10-2009, 08:23 PM
I will say a prayer for you right now! The first couple of weeks are rough but then it gets better everyday!

huskymom
12-12-2009, 11:33 PM
Hi Rich, I hope all has worked out for you!
Please let us all know how the surgery went...
My surgery is scheduled for February 17, 2010, here in Lafayette, Indiana, so I am anxious to hear how your surgery and hospitalization has went.
What were you you fused from and to?
They are going to fuse me from C5 to L2.
Hope to hear from you soon...
-Mel