8 Wks Post Op - Dr. N. Bhatia-UCI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 Wks Post Op - Dr. N. Bhatia-UCI

I just wanted everyone to know that I had my surgery Oct. 5th as planned with Dr. Nitin Bhatia who works out of UCI Hospital, CA. Fused from T11 - L4. My original curve was 44-45 deg. and he orignally thought he could get it to maybe 20-21 deg. In my last weeks check up it was measured as a 15 deg curve. Amazing surgery, little pain, walking since the first week and am so happy it is over. The hospital staff were fantastic and I start physical therapy this Wed.
    I received lots of encouragement from this forum and want to thank everyone for sharing their experiences and questions with all.
    RZBUD

Good to hear from you RZBUD, and I'm so glad you had a good outcome.
    Sally
    Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
    Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
    Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
    Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
    New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
    Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Glad to hear you are coming along well
      45L/40T
      Surgery 25/1/2010
      Australia

Knowthyself

Scoliosis Corrected 25/1/2010 by Dr Angus Gray, Prince of Wales Private Hospital, Sydney. Fused T3-L4.

Comment

rzbub - so glad to hear you had a good outcome from surgery. My daughter will have almost the same surgery - T-11 -> L-3. we don't have a surgery date yet, but her main concern is missing a lot of school. I'll let her know about you - it should give her encouragement.

Dee
        Dee - Mother of two daughters, both with scoliosis KateScoliKid (16yo) 52* Lumbar curve
        Fusion Surgery 2/9/10 T-11->L-3 @CHKD Norfolk VA
        Jes (20yo) T 3 -> L 3 w/ Kyphosis

Comment

RZBUD--Congratulations on being on the other side and having such a great outcome. That is awesome. Hoping for continued healing for you! Janet
          Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
          Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
          Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
          Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
          T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

Hi RZ,

Congratulations from me as well. What a great outcome I'm a little jealous.

Way to go,
            Shari

Comment

Congradulations! Your surgery date was really close to mine (September 30'th). I was at St. Jospehs :} I'm so glad your doing well!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X