View Full Version : per op tests

kennedy
11-22-2009, 12:17 PM
what test you have during your per op for scoliosis surgery

Vali
11-23-2009, 03:13 AM
Hi Kennedy,

I'm guessing you mean pre-op.
Usually bloods, updated xray and ECG if memory serves me correct. :)

DairriensMom
11-24-2009, 01:47 AM
When my son went for his pre-op last month,they did blood work..Xrays,Lung Function tests..they took pictures of him (bending over,standing straight,talked to the Surgeon,The anesthesiologist,nurse..and the social worker...But this was at Shriners,so I am unsure what they do at other hospitals,but this is what they did at my sons pre-op..Good Luck!!

Pooka1
11-24-2009, 06:37 AM
Both my kids had a standing and bending radiograph two days before surgery in the one case and one day before surgery in the other.

One has an MRI a few weeks earlier. The other didn't. I assume that was because they are identical twins and it was likely to be clear like her sister's was but I don't know that.

That's about it.

laurieg6
11-24-2009, 12:24 PM
In addition to an MRI and the bending x-rays, my son also had to get a CT scan to really figure out what was going on with his vertebrae and find out if any more than "just" T10 were malformed.

The pre-op appt. was mostly just a lot of questions. We didn't even meet with the surgeon for that appt. There was a physician's assistant asking most of the questions.

Good luck with your surgery!

kennedy
12-04-2009, 06:32 PM
we useing my last x-ray from shriners
the mri and ct scan we got in 2005.
i'm just getting blood work done.