Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Shoes with a Lift

Hi all,
    I know that there are a few people on here that need to wear a lift in their shoes. I have a fairly significant leg length discrepancy, bigger than can be solved with a heel lift, its 2 cm or about 3/4 of an inch. I have had a HORRIBLE time trying to find a place that would make a custom pair of shoes so that I didn't end up with a shoe that looks awful. I found one! I don't know if this will help anyone else, but I hope so. They say it will only cost $10 more. The shoes are fairly expensive...but I think its worth it.
    Anyhow, here is the link:
    http://www.multnomahleather.com
    Last edited by fierceliketiger; 11-17-2009, 11:38 AM. Reason: website correction
    25 years old
    double 70+ degree curves before surgery
    Anterior on 11/11/08
    Posterior on 12/2/08 with titanium rods
    nearly perfect correction
    fused t-10 to pelvis
    with a hemi-vertebral osteotomy at L4

Broke right rod at L4-L5 on 06/26/09
    Broke left rod on 10/24/09
    Revision surgery on 11/5/09 with vitallium rods
    Broke both rods again

Had posterior than anterior revisions on 03/11 at the Twin Cities Spine Center
    Declared "FUSED" on 12/6/11

Wow, that brings back memories! I remember Multnomah Leather clogs being all the rage when I was in high school many, many moons ago. I remember buying a pair (for much less than they are now) and loving them for a very long time. Amazing they're still around after all these decades!

Comment

That is good to hear! I haven't been able to find anyone else that will custom make shoes with a lift on one. There is a place that will split the sole of your current shoes and add height, but I really wanted a pair that was "made that way"
      25 years old
      double 70+ degree curves before surgery
      Anterior on 11/11/08
      Posterior on 12/2/08 with titanium rods
      nearly perfect correction
      fused t-10 to pelvis
      with a hemi-vertebral osteotomy at L4

Broke right rod at L4-L5 on 06/26/09
      Broke left rod on 10/24/09
      Revision surgery on 11/5/09 with vitallium rods
      Broke both rods again

Had posterior than anterior revisions on 03/11 at the Twin Cities Spine Center
      Declared "FUSED" on 12/6/11

Comment

Working...
      X