Does anyone know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know?

Does anyone know about a Dr. Michael Chang. and if he is a good surgeon? I guess he has worked with dr. lenke and is with dr. dennis crandalls team. I originally wanted to consult with dr. crandall but he is booked until january. But i might not have insurance then. I was just skeptical and worried about picking a good one. I have one appt set up in early nov. already but i want to at least get two opinions. Thanks again.

Bethany
    Last edited by sillycoffeegirl; 10-28-2009, 01:57 PM.
    -Bethany
    pre-op L 74*
    pre-op Th 56*
    surgery scheduled for jan. 6th 2010
    getting nervous

Hi Coffee Girl -
    Dr. Dennis Crandall did my surgery. He is amazing. I did go get other opinions but I wanted someone who was experienced in scoliosis surgery and some of the doctors seemed too young and green.
    If you can wait until January, you will be in good hands with Dr. Crandall - that's really only two months away - I had to wait almost 5 months for him to be able to do my surgery.
    I will say that all of the staff in his office are informed, knowledgeable and helpful. There is a nurse, Jan Revella, who is a great resource and you might call her and just run by with her your concerns. Just call the main number and they will connect you. she gives seminars every month to patients on arthritis and the spine. I attended one and it was really informative, plus I met other patients who had the surgery I was planning on, so it was good being able to talk to them.
    Hope this helps!

Comment

I really want him to be by doctor too. I have an appointment with dr. song at center for spinal disorders on nov. 4rth.(its in downtown phx) Depending on what happens and what he thinks i might wait to see crandall or see a different one sooner. I really like the website for the sonoran spine center. Thanks so much for helping me.

Bethany
      -Bethany
      pre-op L 74*
      pre-op Th 56*
      surgery scheduled for jan. 6th 2010
      getting nervous

Comment

I met with Dr. Song before I found out about Dr. Crandall. After comparing the two, I felt that Dr. Crandall had a lot more experience and I was felt much more comfortable in his offices. It will be interesting to see if your experience is the same. good luck!

Comment

Working...
        X