PDA

View Full Version : Big big news!!

shortlilnikki
10-22-2009, 01:59 AM
My surgeries were June 29th & July 3rd of this year.

My spine was fused from T2-pelvis. My back bone.. it's like a femur. Try to bend your leg at the middle of your thigh... really. Try to... that's what my back is like. BUT...

Get ready y'all...

TONIGHT:

I PAINTED MY TOENAILS!!!!

I feel like a superhero. Oh wow. YAY!!!!!!!! I just had to share!!

:D

(((It hurt like hell, and was extremely awkward-- but they turned out cute and I DID IT!!!)))

Pooka1
10-22-2009, 06:49 AM
That sounds fabulous!

Light at the end of the tunnel. There usually is. :)

loves to skate
10-22-2009, 04:02 PM
Hi Nikki,
You brought a smile to my face. Good for you. I hope you don't have to pay for it with extra pain after the fact.
Sally

titaniumed
10-22-2009, 05:06 PM
Hi Nikki

Be careful with the bending right now, you still need more time to fuse... like 12 months. Slow and easy now.

Nice pics! Is that a few wires I see in your x-ray? Around L1 on the right side.

Glad you are feeling good. Things will keep improving.
Ed

Shari
10-23-2009, 02:27 AM
Hi Nikki,

Great news!!! I still had a chuckle remembering some of my first milestones. No big deal to anyone that has never has this surgery. I'd brag, and people would look at me like I was a nut job.

Who cares,
We do,
Shari

dolores a
10-26-2009, 01:19 PM
Hi Nikki, congratulations, it is wonderful when we can accomplish some of what we were able to do before surgery! Question, how were you able to paint those nails, I was also fused down to the pelvis and would like to paint my own toenails. You are much younger than I am, you probably are very limber, but if you would explain how you were able to would be very much appreciated.

tonibunny
10-26-2009, 01:26 PM
OH YEAHHHH that is brilliant news, well done! :D I'm fused T1-L4 and can do my toenails fine but I often wonder how it would be if I had my fusion extended in the future. Thanks for posting this!

titaniumed
10-26-2009, 02:43 PM
Hi Tonibunny

Impossible! I tried.

LOL
Ed