Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back Sensitivity & Spasms

Hello All!
    Its been awhile since I last posted but I hope everyone is recovering well!
    I am exactly five months post-op and still have back terrible sensitivity near my incision. Is that normal? I would have thought that it would still not be so
    painful to touch. I also have back spasms occasionally as well as stiffness when I wake up in the morning. I just want to make sure I am healing normally. I guess at 5 months I expected to be completely pain free!

Thanks so much!
    Simone

I still wake up a little stiff. Give me five minutes and it's much better. And spasms, let me tell you about spasms. Still have them. Finally asked for medication. And I'm doing a little physical therapy to stretch out my hip adductors, because I was so tight! I might ask the doc for RX for massage therapy, even! BUT I am so glad I had the surgery. This pain is so much better than what I had before the surgery.
    Les, Biker Babe, age 56 (at time of first surgery)
    Fused T2 to S2, posterior only, 8 Apr 08
    T3 fracture repair and revision, Mar 09
    Broke left lower rod and pelvic screws removal, Dec 09
    Scheduled to remove all hardware, replaced everything instead due to non-fusion, Nov 10
    Remove top 2" of rods and screws, Feb 14
    Pre surgery degrees: L40, T45
    Post surgery degrees: L8, T10

Happy, joyous and pain-free!
    Surgeon: C Timothy Floyd, MD, Boise Orthopedic Clinic

Comment

Spasms

Hi,
      I'm 3 months post-op and I was just at the surgeon's 2 wks ago and asked him about spasms in my ribs right by my spine. He says it's normal and will take time to heal. I also have a lot of stiffness in the morning and he said that is also normal and will get better, but may not go away totally. Hope that helps

Comment

Hi Simone,

5 months for some of us is still in the early stage of recovery. I wanted things to get better a lot faster as well. I had my hopes up that after 3 months I would be back to normal and back to work. Wasn't happening!!!

I set such a high standard that I kept getting more and more depressed, the longer my recovery took. I think that may have slowed my recovery even more.

Don't get discouraged, we all heal differently, and it depends on many different factors. Just keep remembering you made it through a rough battle, and give your body time to heal at it's own pace!!!

Take care,
        Shari

Comment

Working...
        X