PDA

View Full Version : Tingling!

asha
10-02-2009, 11:19 PM
Anyone have these symptoms?? I have tingling and muscle twitching in both legs and extreme pain behind one knee... Ouch! Anybody relieved of similar symptoms after surgery???

debbei
10-03-2009, 08:25 AM
Anyone have these symptoms?? I have tingling and muscle twitching in both legs and extreme pain behind one knee... Ouch! Anybody relieved of similar symptoms after surgery???

Especially for the first few weeks after surgery, I had tingling and twitching all over my back and down both legs. I think some of the twitching had to do with the pain meds. The tingling/numbness took a few months to go away in my legs, and I still have a little in my back, but it's not very bothersome now (one year later).

When was your surgery?

asha
10-03-2009, 09:27 AM
Oops. I forgot to mention that I have not had surgery yet. I'm planning on having it this Spring.

debbei
10-03-2009, 10:22 AM
Oops. I forgot to mention that I have not had surgery yet. I'm planning on having it this Spring.

OK, well then the tingling you're feeling now is probably nerve related, due to disks compressing the nerves in your back. Prior to surgery, I had some of that down my right thigh, and it completely and totally disappeared after the surgery.

asha
10-03-2009, 02:30 PM
I'm so happy to hear that! Thanks!

debbei
10-04-2009, 06:28 AM
I'm so happy to hear that! Thanks!

Make sure you tell the surgeon about these symptoms, and ask outright if they could be resolved by the surgery.

asha
10-05-2009, 08:57 AM
Thanks Debbe. I will ask him.