Muscle tightness and musle growth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muscle tightness and musle growth?

I have mild scoliosis and it causes my right side to be stronger and tighter than my left side. I stretch it every day but it remains tight. For example, when I do a pushup, even though i'm making both sides do an even amount of work, the right side feels different and feels like it's doing more work because of it's tightness. I'm wondering if my muscles on both sides will grow evenly, even with this tight feel? Or will my right side grow more than my left and create even more unbalance? Thanks in advance.

i didnt see what your age is...

everyone is different...in my case, my lower curve is worse on the left, & just got more so as i have aged...so now my lower larger curve is 61 degrees (& progressing) & upper smaller curve remains pretty much stable at 40 degrees...my muscles try to compensate for the curves, but my upper back pain is treated with botox shots...the botox freezes my muscles so they cant spasm or freeze up...botox has not worked on the lower curve...

how old are you & at what age were you diagnosed?

best of luck
    jess

Comment

concavities and Schroth

My daughter has moderate-severe scoliosis, with a lot of tightness and muscle weakness in the concave area of her back (upper left area-she has a right thoracic curve with a compensatory left lumbar curve). She has been doing Schroth for 1 1/2 years, and it has greatly opened up her upper left concavity and strengthened it as well. Schroth deals with a lot of breathing techniques that target opening and strengthening the concavities. Just an idea.

Comment

Originally posted by jrnyc View Post
        i didnt see what your age is...

everyone is different...in my case, my lower curve is worse on the left, & just got more so as i have aged...so now my lower larger curve is 61 degrees (& progressing) & upper smaller curve remains pretty much stable at 40 degrees...my muscles try to compensate for the curves, but my upper back pain is treated with botox shots...the botox freezes my muscles so they cant spasm or freeze up...botox has not worked on the lower curve...

how old are you & at what age were you diagnosed?

best of luck
        jess
        Im 16 but my scoliosis is not very bad at all, it's only very slight, enough to casue a bit of muscle tightness but thats about it

Comment

that's good..maybe massage could help...also, a trainer might be able to tell you how to do stretches safely...

my curves are severe, & botox is a blessing to me to keep upper back from going into spasm or seizing up...i get the shots about 3 times a year by my pain management doctor...

i hope your curve never progresses...but it would be good to find a scoli doctor to keep watch..maybe check you every few years to make sure curve does not change..

best of luck
          jess

Comment

Working...
          X