Surgeon in So. Cal.???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surgeon in So. Cal.???

I am ready to set a date for surgery. YIKES! My doctor is Dr. Pashman in L.A. He is wonderful, but I feel I should have a second opinion before I schedule the surgery. I always tell others to get a second opinion before ANY surgery, and I feel I should take my own advice! Can anyone out there recommend a surgeon in Southern CA for a second opinion?? Thank you!!!
    Pre-op thorasic curve of 50 degrees reduced to 18 degrees!! 8 years later Hardware removed...

surgeon in LA

I live in the central valley and was just referred to Dr. Kropf from UCLA medical center. I looked him up on the internet and he looks pretty knowledgable.

Comment

Dr. Kropf is a doctor that was recommended to me by my surgeon and by another friend to see for a 2nd opinion. It is my understanding that he and Dr. Pashman are considered at the top of their game.

For what it's worth, I think Dr. Kropf is a excellent choice for an opinion as well as Dr. Pashman. (My 2nd opinion was with Pashman).

Best of luck to you both!
      ValleyGirl - age 54

Diagnosed @ age 11
      Milwaukee brace 1967-1971 -- hated it!
      Never rechecked since 1971 until "tweaked" something in lower back in July 2008.
      Now curve is T38*, L53*
      Surgery scheduled for 9/8/09

Fused T10 - S1 on 9/8/09

Comment

Hi Asha,
        I live in Tustin, CA. I had my surgery done at UCI Medical Center in
        Orange. My surgeon's name is Nitin Bhatia. He is on the NSF's list of
        surgeons.
        I also saw Dr. Raed Ali at St. Jude's in Fullerton. He is not a member.
        BOTH MD's impressed me with their knowledge, patience, & explanations.
        The MD I chose was closer to where I live.
        Hope this is helpful.
        HappyDeanna

Comment

Dr.Pashman

It has been quite awhile since i've posted here. Just to let you know, Dr. Pashman was my surgeon and in my opinion I believe he is the best. I live in Las Vegas and did alot of research. I will be seeing him the end of Oct. for my 2yr. follow up. I have no regrets of having the surgery.
          A/P Surgery Oct.15 and 18, 2007
          T2 to Sacrum
          Pre-surgery 56* T 60* L
          Post-surgery 28* T 30* L
          Dr. Pashman, Cedars-Sinai Hospital
          Bevery Hills, CA

Debbie, age 51 at surgery.
          Now, 59 yrs young :-)

Comment

Wow! Thank you everyone! And thank you Debbie, I really appreciate hearing from a fellow patient of Dr. P. I remember reading your posts prior to your surgery. (yes, I've been reading this forum for a while!) I'm so glad you are doing well and you do not regret the surgery. It's absolutely terrifying to me, but I'm trying to deal with it......
            Pre-op thorasic curve of 50 degrees reduced to 18 degrees!! 8 years later Hardware removed...

Comment

Working...
            X