Just back from first visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just back from first visit

Just returned from my first to my ortho surgeon. He walked into the room and said, "I recommend surgery". I was shocked, because I thought he would try other things first. He said that he doesn't recommend anybody locally to do the surgery, but recommend UCLA or UCSF (San Francisco) and scheduled me for an appointment. He went ahead and gave me a brace, Tens Machine and Vicodin for now. I am glad that he was open minded, because I also want the surgery while I am young (38) and can heal quicker. I plan on going to UCLA, if anybody knows any good doctors at UCLA, please let me know. thanks.. everybody for all your help...

Wow, Rich...that was fast. So glad to know that you are going to get some relief right away and that long lasting relief is in the near future.

I didn't have my surgery at UCLA, but I'm sure there are some excellent doctors there. Check out their website. I'm pretty sure they have a spine center with a list of the doctors that are there. I'll check around and see if there are any doctors there that are more well known than others, but I'm inclined to think they are all excellent over there.

I hope you are feeling some emotional relief already! I'm happy your appointment went so well.

Best wishes for you!
    ValleyGirl - age 54

Diagnosed @ age 11
    Milwaukee brace 1967-1971 -- hated it!
    Never rechecked since 1971 until "tweaked" something in lower back in July 2008.
    Now curve is T38*, L53*
    Surgery scheduled for 9/8/09

Fused T10 - S1 on 9/8/09

Comment

Far out, now that was a good consultation! He definately gave you enough stuff to keep you going until surgery.
      45L/40T
      Surgery 25/1/2010
      Australia

Knowthyself

Scoliosis Corrected 25/1/2010 by Dr Angus Gray, Prince of Wales Private Hospital, Sydney. Fused T3-L4.

Comment

Working...
      X