PDA

View Full Version : baby

abhbarry
09-19-2009, 09:36 AM
Hi all,

I have not been on here for a looooooong time and am over 2 years post-op, but wanted to write a quick message of encouragement for all of you who have had the surgery and are thinking about pregnancy. I am a new mom as of 2 weeks ago when I had my first born child. I have a fusion from L3-T4 and my back held us VERY well during the pregnancy and I was able to have a completely natural childbirth. My back also did not bother me during delivery - I was pretty sore afterwards, but it was what I expected. I am so glad I did the surgery and was able to fulfill my dream of starting a family. Lots of people questioned why I didn't just schedule a c-section because of my fusion, but I know there was no need! We are just as strong as those people giving birth who don't have spinal fusions.

Best wishes to all,
Anya

valleygirl
09-19-2009, 11:50 AM
Hi Anya,

I just wanted to say congratulations on the new baby! :):):)

All the best,

Susie*Bee
09-19-2009, 11:51 AM
Anya-- I'm so thrilled for you! But you didn't give us any details on your new little one! I'm so glad to hear it all went well and glad you were thoughtful enough to pass that info on to inspire many of the younger ones... Sending hugs for you and your little one. :) Susie

dolores a
09-19-2009, 12:38 PM
Congratulations on your bundle of joy! Even though I am well past the having a baby stage, your words were still so encouraging in all aspects of our lives in that there is not much we cannot do.

By the way, boy or girl?

laurieg6
09-19-2009, 12:45 PM
Congratulations! What great news about your baby and how strong your back is. I know how difficult childbirth can be so it's very encouraging news that your post-fusion back did so well.

All the best,

Singer
09-19-2009, 03:32 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!! Boy or girl??

txmarinemom
09-20-2009, 06:40 PM
Awwww ... congrats, Anya! I'm so glad everything went well. :)

Regards,
Pam

Qikdraw
09-20-2009, 06:58 PM
Congrats on the new baby Awesome news. :)

Brad

Pooka1
09-20-2009, 07:00 PM
Wonderful news! Babies are so great. :)

Congratulations!

sharon

abhbarry
09-20-2009, 07:45 PM
Thanks all! I had a baby boy. He was born on Labor Day (ha ha) - 1 week early. He was 7 lbs 12 oz and 20 inches long. He has managed to gain over a pound in this last week - yay mommy milk! He is a pure bundle of joy - and these post-partum hormones are crazy. I had a 100% natural labor - of only 7 1/2 hours! Fastest first baby my nurse had seen. Friends are jealous - but hey, our scoli bodies have been through a lot - it is great when your body gives you a "break" of sorts. My nurse at the hospital actually had a spinal fusion done herself! Because of that, she took better care of me after birth to make sure I was comfortable - because truth be told, my back didn't hurt during labor, but it and my ribs were quite sore after.

I hope that all those considering having a baby after a spinal fusion know it is quite possible - and after you go through back surgery, you can TOTALLY do labor!!!!

Best,
Anya

Doodles
09-20-2009, 09:09 PM
Congrats on your little boy and such a quick labor/delivery. That's amazing. After 4 girls we now have a baby grandson. They are so precious. He was born 6 weeks early but is growing way faster than my muscles can keep up with. Best wishes. Janet

Linda W
09-20-2009, 10:02 PM
Dear Anya and Family,

Congratulations on the fulfillment of your dream! When our son was born, a friend gave me a tee shirt that read: "Motherhood: More than a job. It's an ADVENTURE." Enjoy the adventure that lies ahead of you.

Linda

mgs
09-21-2009, 06:59 AM
Congrats!! And here's to a long, healthy and happy life for your little son! CLINK!!

always smilin'
09-22-2009, 11:29 AM
Yea:) I had 3 kids after a fusion when I was 12...all natural:) Can be done! Congrats!

jrnyc
09-22-2009, 01:35 PM
Hey colleen...3 kids at age 12, or 3 kids 12 years after surgery? cause 3 kids at age 12 would be quite an accomplishment!
:):)

congratulations anya...may your baby boy be healthy & bring you joy for years to come!

jess

mmw
09-26-2009, 07:54 PM
I was JUST thinking of you this last week when I got my unexpected news. You give me hope and encouragement in the months to come!