Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• update :D

Hey All
    i haven't been on here for a while and i thought i'd give you an update on me. for you that don't know i had a brace for 2 years and it didn't work. well on june 30th i got surgery. my curve was 53 and went to 21. school is complicated. i got a boyfriend and hes really good with helping me around school. my teachers are all nice. btw im a freshie. but ya. my surgery went great. i grew about 1 and 1/2 inches. it took me a week to recover in the hospital. i think thats normal? now im home. been over two months and its been going great.
    anything i should know about or any tips for me et me know.
    Jodi Lynn
    Milwaukee Brace from age 11-13
    Surgery June 30th (age 14)
    Now 16 and as happy as ever
    *Brace Yourself*

Congratulations on what sounds like a successful surgery! One thing we did, and will possibly do this year, is get my son an extra set of books - one set to keep at home and the other set stays at school. Especially with the really heavy books, it can be much easier on your back not to have to bring them back and forth in your backpack.

I hope your recovery continues to go really well.
    Laurie

Mother of Alexander & Zachary:
    Alex is 16 years old and in the 11th grade. He has congenital scoliosis due to a hemivertebrae at T10. Wore a TLSO brace for 3 1/2 years. Pre-op curves were T45 & L65; curves post-op are approx. T31 & L34. Had a posterior spinal fusion from T8 to L3 on 7/12/07 at age 12. Doing great now in so many ways, but still working on improving posture.
    Zach is 13 years old and very energetic.

Comment

Working...
    X