Cat litter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat litter

I know this is a fairly disgusting thread but it is a real issue. Have any of you figured out a clever or easy way to change cat litter with this fusion?? My husband has been doing it but is going to be traveling so I have to figure this out. Right now it looks pretty daunting. My squats to load the dishwasher are about the extent of my 'low' work. Thanks for any suggestions.
    Paula

June 15, 2009 Posterior Fusion T4-L5
    Thorasic: 48° --> 8°
    Lumbar: 65° --> 8°
    Dr. Von Rueden Austin, Texas

Hi Paula - Think this would do the trick:

http://litterboxesandmore.com/automa...ter_boxes.html

Comment

We got a long-handled pooper scooper--2 pieces to use in the yard and I can use it just fine. Might work in the kitty litter too I think--and pretty cheap.
      Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
      Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
      Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
      Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
      T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

Hi Paula...

I couldn't find any long handled litter scoops, but perhaps you can make one yourself by taking a sturdy scooper and taping it to a dowel. Or, if your cats are young enough, you can put the litter box on a table.

By the way, in terms of automatic litter boxes, I tried four different models in the past. The only one that I thought was good was the Litter Robot:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000LJDLKG

It's expensive, but it does a really good job.

Let us know how you figure it out.

Regards,
        Linda
        Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
        Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

litter box clean **

Linda,
          I sit down on a box of kitty litter and scoop away. (So to speak!). Works pretty well.
          We use the hard plastic pails of litter. Or you could use a small stool.
          Good Luck!
          May 2008 Fusion T4 - S1, Pre-op Curves T45, L70 (age 48). Unsuccessful surgery.

March 18, 2010 (age 50). Revision with L3 Osteotomy, Replacement of hardware T11 - S1 , addition of bilateral pelvic fixation. Correction of sagittal imbalance and kyphosis.

January 24, 2012 (age 52) Revision to repair pseudoarthrosis and 2 broken rods at L3/L4.

Comment

Working...
          X