Front rib pain??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front rib pain??

So I haven't been exercising or doing PT stretching/strengthening as much as I used to (I had shoulder surgery recently and it is reaking havoc on my back...)

Anyways something new that I have never had before (I have a left lumbar curve as in you look at me from behind and it forms a normal "C"). When I sleep on my right side my right rib will sometimes feel as though there is too much weight on it and it will burst through my skin... that part has gotten a little better but now randomly during the dain I have pain on my front right rib- it feels as though it will poke through the skin... I'm out of shape so it can't be muscle pain- its in the area where the ribs are most prominent probably 2 to 3 ribs above the lower arch if you know what I mean.

Anyone have this sort of pain or have any idea what it can be or any idea on how to help it?

Thanks!

Hey trcylynn,

I bet it is the intercoastal muscles that are giving you grief. I have hurt them so many times and it is very painful, especially breathing. The only thing that helped me were anti inflammatories and rest + heat.
    45L/40T
    Surgery 25/1/2010
    Australia

Knowthyself

Scoliosis Corrected 25/1/2010 by Dr Angus Gray, Prince of Wales Private Hospital, Sydney. Fused T3-L4.

Comment

I have pain that wraps around my rib cage in that area. It hurts to take a deep breath. I am getting another ablation done as that gives me relief from the pain. My nerves are getting pinched because of disc deteration above my fusion.
      T12- L5 fusion 1975 - Rochester, NY
      2002 removal of bottom of rod and extra fusion
      3/1/11 C5-C6 disc replacement
      Daughter - T7 - L3 fusion 2004

Comment

Front rib pain

I also have this extreme rib pain, it's become so intense it's effected my breathing!!!! I went to my gp who diagnosed it as costochondritis. I was told this is quite common and if it really bothered me I could take an anti-inflammatory. At the time I thought I could handle the pain, as I'm taking so many other meds, but it's just become unbearable. So back I go again to try this anti-inflammatory med, fingers crossed that this helps.

Comment

Working...
        X