Hello Again!!!! from Shari

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Again!!!! from Shari

It sure is nice to be back. It's nice to see some familiar names, and a lot of new people here.

I hope everyone has received the endless amount of knowledge, compassion, support and the relief of feeling that you are not alone, that I had for several years. Although it has been a while for me, this forum save my sanity many times.

Best Wishes to All pre and post-oppies!!!
    Shari

Hi Shari,

How are you doing? Good to see you back.

Chris

Comment

Hi Chris W,

It's nice to be able to talk to you again, sort of. Just kidding!!! It's even more wonderful to see that your finally joined us post-oppies.

I can't explain how much I missed this forum, and why I didn't come back sooner. Dumb me.

Hope all is as well as can be expected for you right now,
      All my Best,
      Shari
      Last edited by Shari; 09-02-2009, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Good to have you back Shari-
        And thanks for responding to my post. Maybe I will be like you and start feeling like my old self again in the next few months. I wonder if some of us for whatever reason take longer to heal. Take care Shari!
        Cathie

Comment

Hi Cathie,

I believe 100% that we all heal differently. How much sleep we get is important. I hardly slept the first few months. All surgeries are not exactly the same so why do we expect to heal the same. It's not a good idea to compare ourselve to each other, but it is great to share.

As each month passed and I wasn't feeling that much better, I got more and more frustrated and depressed. Don't let yourself fall into that trap. Hopefully we learn from each other.

But I don't think I could have found the same knowledge and support anywhere else but here!!!!

Keep your chin up,
          Be proud and patient,
          Shari

Comment

Hi Shari, nice to see you. I often thought of you during my loooong and slooooow recovery (knowing you could relate!). Glad you're doing well.

It seems to me that the "new kids" are recovering about ten times faster than we did. I wonder if surgeons are just getting better and better at the technology.
            Chris
            A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
            Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
            Post-op curve: 12 degrees
            Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

Singer,

I think they get better every day. It's very refreshing to know that they are healing faster. I didn't know that people are healing faster, since haven't been here for a while.

I sorry you've had a long recovery. If you every want to chat and compare notes I'm here.

I can't believe how much I missed some of the people on this forum, so strange how you can become attached to people that you don't even know.

Shari

Comment

Working...
              X