I am so happy that I had this surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am so happy that I had this surgery

I was so nervous at that hospital August 25th, at around 7 in the morning. But now, wearing a brace full time, and 1 and a half inches taller , I am SO happy that I had this surgery because I know it's all worth it.

When the surgery was done, my two curves were like, 60 and 64 or 57 and 64. My spine looked like an S. I was getting agitated from all those tests that I went through leading up to the surgery (especially the MRI, which was my least favorite). It seemed like just yesterday I was diagnosed with scoliosis. It was actually last June. I was going in for my regular physical, and I was being examined by a different doctor, and she diagnosed that I may have scoliosis. I went to a doctor in like, Concord, and we took X-Rays, and my curve was like, 30 something and 40 something. So, from September through May, I wore a night brace. I was very assertive of wearing the brace, and I wore it every night, except when I came home exhausted or went to sleepovers. When we came back to check up on the curve, it had catapolted to the 50's and 60's. It looked like a capital S. The doctor said I would need surgery. I can't believe it was diagnosed only last year, and all this stuff has happened. I can't wait to go back to school (I can't believe I actually said that ) and I can't WAIT MORE to start sports and PE again. And to act in plays once more.
    There is so much more ahead of me, recovery wise, but I am glad that I had this surgery and I hope the people who have had surgery or who are going to get it understand that despite some dangers, it will be worth it. If anyone has any questions about surgery or fears or ANYTHING, I will do my best to answer them.
    Larari
    Two Curves
    One was in low 40's
    One in high 30's
    Braced for eight months
    Curves got worse
    The one in the 40's was now in the 60's
    The one in the 30's was now in the high 50's
    Surgery 8/25/04
    1 and 1/2 inches taller

Hi I'm so pleased for you that your operation went well, I too am very pleased that I chose to have surgery, even though it meant being in hospital on my birthday!
    I know what you mean by wanting to go back to school, becuase I felt exactly the same and couldn't wait to go back, I was really excited on my first half day back at school!
    I really wanted to go back to sports again even though I normally hate them! Once I started doing sport at school a couple fo weeks ago i have felt "normal" once again and its a great feeling!
    I hope you have a good recovery
    Love Julesxxxxx
    15 with a 50 degree curve
    Had surgery now have 2 metal rods in my back

Comment

Recovery

Thanx. Yeah, so I will go back to school no later than October 11th, I think. I can't believe that just a year ago I was diagnosed with scoliosis. It all happened so fast. Only 3 1/2 weeks have gone by after surgery and I feel WAY better! I have loads of homework to catch up on but, alleluja, I feel better! I love sports, and that's what I miss the most, but I can't wait to do that and do plays again. If the play isn't too physically demanding, I want to do it! After this brace is off, I'll be better than ever! YAY! Thanx for the encouragement!
      Larari
      Two Curves
      One was in low 40's
      One in high 30's
      Braced for eight months
      Curves got worse
      The one in the 40's was now in the 60's
      The one in the 30's was now in the high 50's
      Surgery 8/25/04
      1 and 1/2 inches taller

Comment

Working...