PDA

View Full Version : Clever user names

titaniumed
08-12-2009, 05:18 PM
I thought it would be fun to start up a thread about user names .

I personally picked Titaniumed due to the titanium that was used in my surgery, but have been thinking about changing it to Rod Stewart........

Its also interesting why a particular name is picked, so you can explain why you picked your name.

I come up with great names, but I do not write them down, and this would be a great place to store some great user names for people to use in the future.

I know if everyone contributes, some classics will be available for future patients with a great sense of humor. We can vote on it later.
Ed

Remember Scoobdoo, well Screwbdoo would be a good one! You have the idea.

doodie
08-12-2009, 06:51 PM
I like your idea Ed – leave it to you!

My name is not clever, but unfortunately it’s my real nickname. When my sister and I were little she couldn’t pronounce my name – it came out ‘Doodie’ and it’s stuck all these year later. Now I’m even Aunt Doodie too.

So you see, it doesn’t have anything to do with that other doodie at all!

lapieper
08-12-2009, 07:25 PM
I am definitely lacking on the creativity side of my name. It's my initials and last name. But I can tell you what I told a nurse post-op. I asked her if she thought I could return to my old job, and of course, she asked what did I do. So I told her I was a pole dancer! Don't you just love better living through chemicals?

JenniferG
08-12-2009, 10:58 PM
I don't have a creative bone in my body but love those who do!

I am a member of a couple of discussion boards here in Australia and I named myself after my cat, who has since died. That's about as creative as I get. I've seen some doozies round the traps. Funny people, don't you love them?

Vali
08-13-2009, 03:13 AM
Now that I have thought about it, I may just change mine to Rodverta Braefusion!:D

dolores a
08-13-2009, 04:32 AM
Hey Ed, obviously my user name was not creative, but your idea was quite creative -- how about "fusealot" (play on Camelot)

lapieper
08-13-2009, 07:17 AM
My husband suggested "permanentlyscrewed." He's the one with the sense of humour in this family!

titaniumed
08-13-2009, 10:18 AM
Les

I don't know, how about scolipoli?

If ones name is Lisa, you could go with "The leaning tower of Lisa" You would have to have the lumbar curve, with plumb line off a few inches, and of course, the x-ray to justify the name. A double curve wouldn't work in that situation, "Archimedes" (Archimedes screw) would be a more a more fitting name for those with large vertebral rotation.

"Ty Cobb" would be great for any scoliotic baseball players.(Cobb angles)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ty_Cobb

When I had passed my kidney stone, there were tons of jokes that went around, which I encouraged,
One of them was "Who is the Doctor you trust the most? Answer, "My Urologist" (not my scoli surgeon)

Let me tell you, that's a scary thing for a guy to have to go and do. My urologist mentioned "I have to go in" any questions? LOL

Right.
Ed

twistedmama81
08-13-2009, 07:45 PM
I picked my name because I was twisted inside, and I'm a Mama...:p And I was listening to my iPod one night and the song, "We're Not Gonna Take It" by Twisted Sister came on and I was like THAT'S IT!! Thats gonna be my screen name from now on!! :)

Bionic Woman
08-13-2009, 07:55 PM
Too Too Funny!!! Ed, you so crack me up. I chose Bionic Woman because I've had ACL reconstruction on my left knee which has a screw in it, I've had a total right knee replacement and now all the hardware for my spinal fusion, so I'm feeling more and more mechanical:D Maybe the new name could be Transformer as I feel like I'm being transformed! I know, I know, too corny - :p sorry, best I could do on short notice:D
Debbie

Fit Kit
08-26-2009, 08:08 AM
Yeah, I don't take the time to be creative! Can't you tell by my user name? It's my job and a play on my name!! I teach fitness to kids so I have to set a good example and try to stay fit (which is getting harder to do since turning 50:( as well as recouping from surgery)!! Any way I did come up with these two..."Heavy Metal" and "Screwed up" !! :D The last one fits me most of the time!! :rolleyes:

concerned dad
08-26-2009, 08:21 AM
I do like that "permanentlyscrewed" one, that made me laugh.

I picked "concerned dad" when I joined because that's what I am. But you all can feel free to just use "CD"

:)

PNUTTRO
08-26-2009, 06:22 PM
I think my user name is creative--just not scoliosis related. Its an amalgam of three names.

Its funny how in the early days of the internet, people always had clever usernames--now, its just different.

How about FusionConfusion?

Pooka1
08-26-2009, 08:00 PM
Some pretty amusing names here!

Pooka is my daughter's snake. She registered on the forum but never posted. So I used the account.

titaniumed
08-26-2009, 10:26 PM
Well guys, on the SSO forum, I'm sorry to say that Jose Curvo has been taken. I like that name.

I'm currently out in Kona, that's on the big island of Hawaii, and have been scuba diving and watching for mermaids.

I was worried about "beartraps" up high with the increased humidity, but it hasn't been a problem. Vog levels seem to be low also.

I like "fusionconfusion" It explains everything in one word...

The beauty of this thread is that it will never die, or grow old, and provides some entertainment value.

Aloha
Ed

S4Sarah
08-26-2009, 11:47 PM
My name is Sarah and I was looking at my x-rays at my appointment. My spine is in the shape of an S.
I was like "It's and S for Sarah!"
My parents were really worried at the time (They thought I would need surgery) so they didn't find my comment funny.

My spine is in the shape of an S so I decided it is an S for Sarah, and that's where my username came from. S4Sarah

rainbow2010
08-27-2009, 06:28 AM
My name comes from an address where we used to live. We saw so many rainbows when we lived there that I kept it for a user name. It also reminds me of God's promises to us.

naptown78
08-27-2009, 08:52 PM
I made my name from a nickname for my hometown. Actually a little derogatory name for Indianapolis "naptown" because there used to be nothing to do here! And 78 for the year I graduated from high school....tellng my age a little.