6 month update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 month update

My visit went well and he gave me permission to start pt. I am to see him around the holidays and will need a cat scan at that time. Of course since returning home, I have developed what feels like a screw on my right side in the pelvic area. I can only feel it when I bend down so I don't bend down. i also assume that the pain and uncomfortable feeling in my thoracic spine is normal as far as healing is concerned and I didn't mention it to him. HOpefully it is normal and not the beginning of something evil. I started pt yesterday and cannot believe just how out of shape I really am. Compromising my back therapy is the fact that I have 2 whiny knees and 2 sorry shoulders. The therapist couldn't believe just how inflexible my body is. My back at least has a reason to be that way but the rest of me is just as bad. I used to be in really good physical shape probably until my late 40's, but now only my ankles don't hurt. Anyway I am really pleased that I can start pt and hope to get some improvement in this ancient bod. thanks
    avis
    1987 Lumbar Laminectomy (forget which levels)
    2005 A/P fusion, L2 - L5, 2/2005
    2009 2 Posterior fusions, T6 - Pelvis, 2/10 & 2/18,
    Dr. Frank Rand, NEBH

Originally posted by theizzard View Post
    My visit went well and he gave me permission to start pt. I am to see him around the holidays and will need a cat scan at that time. Of course since returning home, I have developed what feels like a screw on my right side in the pelvic area. I can only feel it when I bend down so I don't bend down. i also assume that the pain and uncomfortable feeling in my thoracic spine is normal as far as healing is concerned and I didn't mention it to him. HOpefully it is normal and not the beginning of something evil. I started pt yesterday and cannot believe just how out of shape I really am. Compromising my back therapy is the fact that I have 2 whiny knees and 2 sorry shoulders. The therapist couldn't believe just how inflexible my body is. My back at least has a reason to be that way but the rest of me is just as bad. I used to be in really good physical shape probably until my late 40's, but now only my ankles don't hurt. Anyway I am really pleased that I can start pt and hope to get some improvement in this ancient bod. thanks
    avis
    Avis,

I'm glad you had a good checkup. My shoulders were a MESS after surgery and were so stiff and sore. I needed sperate therapy for the shoulders, which helped tremendously. When I first started back PT, one of my hips gave me horrible trouble, but the therapist worked me through that. After you start PT, remember you might get more soreness as a result of the exercise, which is no fun, but will pass.

I feel like I am always a work in progress. Good luck with the PT.

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
    Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
    Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
    Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
    Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Working...
    X