Noticable height lose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noticable height lose

I'm curious if anyone else has had the same experience that I've had with my daughter recently. She was measured in April at her Orthopedic office and remeasured again in August. Her height was shorter (a few centimeters). They always measure her without shoes, so I know it is not from different shoe heights. She was into the family doctor and measured in August and just returned last week (three weeks between visits and measured by the same person) and she was measured 1/2 inch shorter! I'm shocked that she is losing that much height so quickly.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thank you,
    Mary Lou

Hello,

I've talked to my orthapedic surgeon a few months back.

First, I need to know if your daughter has done spinal fusion or not?

If she has, then it's because she probably hasn't slept alot for the spine vertebraes to decompress itself. Or the fact that the appointment was at different times. You'll notice that in the morning every person is taller then at night where the vertebraes compresses due to gravity and movement.

Another thing is the unfused vertebraes could have been curved more.

If she does not have scoliosis or done spinal fusion,
    Same as with the spine compression things. Everyone loses height at night.

Posture it can effect height. Everytime i go for photos or my surgeon measure my height, i have to move and try to stand up straight although i think i'm straight posture it's not. You could easily lose 1 inch from posture alone.

Lastly again it's the curves getting worser. Even if your daughter is physically matured (spine finished growing) it doesn't mean the curve doesn't get worse. Studies show 40+ curves get worser every year or later during adulthood.

Comment

Working...
    X