Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeing Surgeon Today, Worried!

Hi Guy's it's me Lyssie...

I'm seeing my surgeon today (Saturday 18th) as I'm in a lot of pain, I'm also getting numbness in my bottom and leg pains. It's even woken me up and it's almost 4am I guess I'm also awake because I'm worriedBut the pain in my back and leg pain is pretty bad right now so yeah...!

Anyone out there?? I'm sleepy and bored and in pain
    Wish me luck,

Lyssie xx
    Last edited by lyssie; 07-19-2009, 07:32 AM. Reason: edited title due to update
    Lyssie, 22y/o
    Diagnosed with Scoliosis aged 10,
    Had spinal correction and fusion T11-L3 by Mr Lam
    (August 2006 aged 17)
    Fusion and correction successful!
    Developed pain early 2008!
    Denervation left SI joint mid-2010
    Further posterior correction and fusion T2-L4 by Mr Tucker
    (October 2010 aged 22) xxx

Oh dear Lyssie, I'm sorry to hear about your pain. I do hope you find out what's causing it and what can be done about it today.

I know it's the pits when you're awake in the early hours in pain. Time goes so slowly in those lonely hours. With a bit of luck by day's end, you will have some concrete information about what to do about it.

Good luck Lyssie!
    Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
    Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
    T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
    Osteotomies and Laminectomies
    Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Thank you so much Jennifer... all I can say is thank you so much

And thank goodness I have my cats... they've kept me sane this morning (appart from trying to steal my breakfast).

Leaving for the bus in 3 hours, it wont take me bloomin 3 hours to get ready lol even if I am in painThen the train which I'm dreading, I'm taking my iPod...

I hope I get some concrete information too because I've got to the point where I'm actually dreading my 21st birthday because of the painsucky

Will update when I can, Lyssie xx
      Lyssie, 22y/o
      (August 2006 aged 17)

Comment

Cats are great company even if it's all about them.

I'll be looking out for your post telling us what your surgeon said. Hope your day takes a big turn for the better, Lyssie.
        Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
        Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
        T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
        Osteotomies and Laminectomies
        Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

I hope it went well for you Lyssie. Let us know how it goes.

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
          Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
          Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
          Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
          Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Hi guys thank you for your lovely replies it means a lot to me... I've wrote something and posted it on the SSo forums so I'm gonna copy and paste that as I'm in a lot of pain... you'll see why:

Hi guys I wont stay long as I'm in agony from Mr Lam sticking his thumb right into my disc, the one at L4/5 he was quite concerned that it was the one just below because he felt a few levels below my fusion to see if I had any pain there and I said 'nope, higher, yep, OWW' and he stuck his thumb right in, dude it kills! He told me about that the fusion can put pressure sometimes on the disc below. As that disc seems to be in a bit of a state in my last MRI...

I'm going to get referal to a pain Dr and maybe some injections again along with some more physio sessions. Then if all else fails, it'll have to be disc relpacement surgery he said as a last resort! I am going to put across in my next appointment with Mr Lam that I am literally dreading my 21st Birthday (September) because the pain is that bad... I'll be bloody housebound for my 21st Birthday... seriously!?!?! (moan over)

Basically in the last Xray I had it did show a bit of curving off to the left again and he told me about the spine being unfused and how rare it is (he said 1 in 1000) so I doubt it's unfused... I hope not but he's sending me for a CT scan to check because he seemed to have his doubts with me losing correction and all.

He wants to see me soon and I'm to have a CT scan (for the fusion) and an MRI scan (for the disc). I am pleased with the appointment, oh and he said that his secretary will be calling me on Monday to arrange everything etc. He's a cool dude!

Right that was far too much for the likes of my back

Will keep you all updated,

Lyssie xx
            Lyssie, 22y/o
            (August 2006 aged 17)