PDA

View Full Version : Success

theizzard
07-10-2009, 07:29 AM
It is almost 5 months since my surgeries and time sure does go fast. Anyway, yesterday I realized that I got what I had wanted out of surgery. That means I can go shopping, go to a mall or two, take a ceramics class, walk 2 miles, cook, take the tortoises out to the garden and some other stuff. Before surgery, I could barely walk let alone walk 2 miles and forget going to the mall, not a possibility. Yesterday I realized that the surgery was a success. I expect that I will feel even better as time goes on, but as of now, everything pertaining to my back is a lot better and that is success to me. Plus I got my doctor's permission to go snorkeling so a snorkeling we shall go.
Avis :D

debbei
07-10-2009, 08:54 AM
It is almost 5 months since my surgeries and time sure does go fast. Anyway, yesterday I realized that I got what I had wanted out of surgery. That means I can go shopping, go to a mall or two, take a ceramics class, walk 2 miles, cook, take the tortoises out to the garden and some other stuff. Before surgery, I could barely walk let alone walk 2 miles and forget going to the mall, not a possibility. Yesterday I realized that the surgery was a success. I expect that I will feel even better as time goes on, but as of now, everything pertaining to my back is a lot better and that is success to me. Plus I got my doctor's permission to go snorkeling so a snorkeling we shall go.
Avis :D

WONDERFUL News!! I'm thrilled for you Avis. I know you weren't sure a couple months ago, but things do improve slowly.

Linda W
07-10-2009, 09:31 AM
Hi Avis,

I was so excited to read your note today. You have really come a long way to getting your life back on track. We all know how hard the recovery road can be and that much of your success is also reflective of your hard work and "can do" attitude. Congratulations! Dr. Rand must be really pleased to have you able to snorkel and Sally back roller skating. He should produce a new reality program, i.e. Scoliosis Patients Have Incredible Talents. Hmmm...the two of you have raised the bar pretty high. I'm going to have to think long and hard to come up with my own talent to make the Show.

Take care,
Linda

loves to skate
07-10-2009, 09:34 AM
Hi Avis,
I am so happy for you that you finally have your life back. It sure is a long recovery, but so worth it if you are able to get back to the things that you love. I'm glad I gave you a good referral and it worked out well for you. Where do you go snorkeling? We have only gone snorkeling a few times when we have been to Hawaii and a cruise in the Caribbean, and enjoyed it immensely. I have had my 12 year old grandson with me this week and have been taking him to baseball camp in town everyday and realized that last year at this time, I never would have been able to do this for him. Life is good.

Take care and have fun snorkeling, Sally

Jo 71-09
07-10-2009, 08:44 PM
That is such great news Avis! It's encouraging to hear that you are doing so much better at five months post surgery. Good for you! And good luck snorkling too.

Doodles
07-10-2009, 10:00 PM
That's absolutely wonderful! Congratulations & continued happy recovery. Janet

JenniferG
07-11-2009, 12:01 AM
Excellent news! Keep up the good work Avis and enjoy every minute of it.

asccbodypro
07-11-2009, 11:19 AM
Avis,

Congrationals! I hope I am saying that in five months. I have had my first real set back, which I know everyone seems to have at least one but it makes me question if I really will feel better once the 6 month mark hits. I'm hoping that in six months I will be taking care of my youngest on my own. He is 17 months old now so it's just makes me nervous as to what will come and my husband will be gone for weeks at a time and I need to be able to handle travel hockey, rec hockey, 15 and 10 year old boys, the house and the baby and oh it just keeps gone on......all you mom's know what I mean. Hopefully I am worrying for nothing! I will keep my fingers crossed.

JenniferG
07-11-2009, 05:19 PM
Don't give up Susan. Sometimes it seems nothing is improving, then suddenly, you're back on track.

I hope it isn't long before that happens and you can feel a little more secure about being able to care of your family. It will happen!