Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to work

Hey Everyone,

Today was my first day back at work and everything went great. I put in a regular day (7:20 to 3:20). It makes you feel so good to hear everyone tell you how good you look and how straight you are. I wore some black capri pants with a FITTED top. Usually it would have been a loose top. I only have a few restrictions, no lifting or pushing anything heavier that 10 pounds, no lunch or bus duty, and take 2 5-minute breaks every hour. I went and laid down in the nurses office about 3 times just to stretch out for a little bit. Hopefully, tomorrow will be just as good. Take care. Theresa
    Theresa

April 8 & 12, 2004 - Anterior/Posterior surgery 15 hours & 7 hours
    Thorasic - 79 degree down to 22
    Lumbar - 44 degree down to 18
    Fused T2 to sacrum
    June 2, 2005 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @L3 7 hours
    MAY 21, 2007 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @ L2, extended the fusion to S2 and added pelvic instrumentation 9 hours

FUSED T2 - SACRUM 2

Theresa...

Congratulations! Although I work from home, I totally remember how great it was the first time I got to see people and act normal outside of home, and have everyone tell me that I looked great. :-)

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

HORRAY

That's great news Theresa..I knew it was a matter of time when everything gets better and your life gets back 2 normal.....Don't let any of the kids say hello by back slapping...I was in the supermarket and a friend tapped me on the back and it didn't feel so good....1) it was numb and 2)i didn't have a sense of security....I was so afraid of being hit in the back by anything...has anyone felt over protected??????/Theresa....congrats again..!!!!
      CONNIE

Surgery June 28th 2004
      fused T4 -L3
      Hip graft
      Grown 1 1/2 inches
      25/o upper T 15/o
      53/o T 15/o
      37/o L 6/o
      Dr. Micheal Nuewirth
      New York City

August 6, 2004
      Pulmonary Embolism